Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

best two

kpbaer

4 procedurals for stacked shots, unless the WSB authorized stacked shots. Two targets were insufficiently engaged in each string. Score best 4 hits on each target.

9.4.5.3 Stacked shots (i.e. obviously shooting more than the required rounds on a target(s) while shooting other target(s) with fewer shots than specified in any string), will incur one procedural penalty per target insufficiently engaged in any string. This penalty will not be applied if the written stage briefing specifically authorizes stacked shots.

Just a note - NROI has issued a clarification for 9.4.5.3 that changes "insufficiently" to "incorrectly" engaged in the string or stage (just so we don't get into arguing semantics around that as we move along here... :sight: ).

Gary owes you a cookie.

There was only one target engaged insufficiently per string. There were 2 targets engaged incorrectly.

You're right, I was forgetting T2 was actually done right. if the word is insufficiently - 2 procedurals, incorrectly it's 4.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 procedurals for stacked shots, unless the WSB authorized stacked shots. Two targets were insufficiently engaged in each string. Score best 4 hits on each target.

9.4.5.3 Stacked shots (i.e. obviously shooting more than the required rounds on a target(s) while shooting other target(s) with fewer shots than specified in any string), will incur one procedural penalty per target insufficiently engaged in any string. This penalty will not be applied if the written stage briefing specifically authorizes stacked shots.

Just a note - NROI has issued a clarification for 9.4.5.3 that changes "insufficiently" to "incorrectly" engaged in the string or stage (just so we don't get into arguing semantics around that as we move along here... :sight: ).

That's more than semantics. If the word changes from insufficiently to incorrectly, that makes it 6 procedurals as all of the targets were engaged incorrectly in each string.

Actually, okorpheus, I believe that "incorrectly" validates your interpretation above. "Insufficiently" sounds like "not enough shots", so T3 in string 1 and T1 in string 2 would appear not to come under that term (which is probably the reason for the NROI advisory).

"Incorrectly", on the other hand, fits both T1 and T3 perfectly, on both strings, resulting in the 4 procedurals you mentioned.

T2 was never engaged incorrectly, however, as it had the required 2 shots on each string, per the WSB.

This has turned out to be a pretty interesting thread, yes?

(You guys got there before I finished typing. I've always said I can type 40 mistakes a minute...)

Edited by teros135

It actually put a thought in my head - does the number of shots allowed in Virginia count have to match the number of shots scored. I've been tossing that idea in my head to see if any applications come to mind. Something like 10 shots allowed, score best 6 on each target and have a closer target with two tight no-shoots and an open but much longer range target, shooter gets the choice of how to use the 10 allowed shots. Not sure if it's legal, less sure I like it, but it's a stage idea rolling in my noggin.

It actually put a thought in my head - does the number of shots allowed in Virginia count have to match the number of shots scored. I've been tossing that idea in my head to see if any applications come to mind. Something like 10 shots allowed, score best 6 on each target and have a closer target with two tight no-shoots and an open but much longer range target, shooter gets the choice of how to use the 10 allowed shots. Not sure if it's legal, less sure I like it, but it's a stage idea rolling in my noggin.

Would that have to be Virginia, or just a requirement in the WSB? (And would that be legal - targets (other than disappearing targets) that don't have to be engaged?)

Would that have to be Virginia, or just a requirement in the WSB? (And would that be legal - targets (other than disappearing targets) that don't have to be engaged?)

Yes Virginia, and like I said, not sure even I like it. All targets would have to be engaged, just not engaged equally.

Yes Virginia, and like I said, not sure even I like it. All targets would have to be engaged, just not engaged equally.

9.2.3 defines VC as including "limited number of shots to be fired, stipulated number of hits per target to count for score". I guess that could include your scenario. No steel, though.

The RO would have to count the shots, and it would have to be 10 (or whatever), and no more than x total hits on the combined targets, but each target has to have at least one hit? Could be a little complicated for the RO, not to mention the shooter.

Example: (I think this is what sarge was talking about)

Virginia COF with 2 strings and 3 targets, 12 rounds total. T1 is at 5 yards, T2 at 10 yards and T3 at 25. First string is engage each target with only two rounds each freestyle. The second string is engage each target with only two rounds weak hand only.

On the first string, the shooter skips T1, shoots T2 twice and shoots T3 four times. Second string the shooter shoots T1 four times and T2 twice.

What are the penalties?

edit: got rid of T4 :goof:

yeah. Donj't know where I came up with comstock either. But yes, I meant this as an obvious example.