Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to move

So I m thinking a change in scenery is in order. I live in Phoenix now and want to move somewhere with an abundance of uspsa /3 gun matches like we have. Just not Texas. Any hints suggestions..thanks people

For shooting sports, front range Colorado is hard to beat.

I read a while back that Colorado voters were attempting to roll back the magazine restrictions. Did it ever happen?

No, it's on Hickenlooper desk I heard, seems if Dems win Colorado will not be gun friendly, GOP Wins yes we "may" move forward on our Constitutional rights, Colorado is or will be totally Blue State, if elections go south

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

What are you looking for with the change of scenery? How about prescott, flagstaff, payson, etc if you want to stay close to shooting opportunities, because you are going to be hard pressed to top the Phoenix area. Not sure of anyplace else that you can shoot a match every tuesday, thursday, Saturday and Sunday.

Not saying that there aren't other cool ranges, or clusters of cool ranges, but you will be driving, a lot. Ask me how I know.

I relocated from Phoenix to North idaho, mainly for change of scenery. Everything is at least two hours from my house. However, a lot of ranges have there act together. The ones that come to mind are SPS in Spokane, EWPSA in Richland, the Missoula and Hamilton Montana clubs, and of course Parma at the MGM range. Shooting oportunities, but driving a lot. I know Seattle has a lot going on, but figure 2 hour drive times to hit most weekends, whereas as Rio is, well, Rio.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Well, if you like ocean and warm weather, and a Very Gun Friendly area

with lots of matches, after Arizona and Nevada, is probably

FLORIDA.

You could attend a match here, within a 90 minute drive, almost every

single Sat and Sun (that's eight matches per month - 9 in some months).

Jack is right! But check out the differences in culture depending on where you live there.

West coast is more central states kinda folk. East coast is more north easterns, different culture if you're not used to that.

I like the south Tampa / Bradenton area the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack is right! But check out the differences in culture depending on where you live there.

West coast is more central states kinda folk. East coast is more north easterns, different culture if you're not used to that.

I like the south Tampa / Bradenton area the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Florida (Jacksonville) is the last bastion of the South and is considered to be more like south Georgia. Military town that embraces the gun culture and has a very active competitive shooting scene.

If all of both sides of the family weren't here, I'd trade you the Bay Area for Phoenix.

Lots of shooting, despite the politics. But it is definitely more spread out than out your way, Which is why I'd love to move.

Like Lifeislarge was saying, parts of Florida may be good. Dunno what might happen statewide what with what happened in Orlando, though that can happen anywhere.

Hawaii is out. We have some USPSA shooting but very little 3 gun. Plus its the most expensive state to live in the entire country.

Then there's this:

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/057945d6be7a4fb89d68bbf7d8b48bd8/hawaii-could-be-first-put-gun-owners-federal-database

What've you got against Texas? Low taxes, gun friendly. Central Texas has lots of shooting sports

yeah I instantly wanted to type texas until you ruled it out.

looking for more rural? more trees?

for the most part you live in what most people consider the mecca destination for shooting, so very little else will compare favorably.

Tulsa? Jack-n-kill (Jacksonville)? Raleigh Durham? Greater Los Angeles area? Atlanta?

Edited by rowdyb

This Saturday there were 2 USPSA matches and a 3-Gun match within 2 hours of me and Sunday there are 4 USPSA matches within 4 hours. During the summer there's also Steel Challenge and USPSA twice a week within 2 hours. Texas grows on you. Just put on a cowboy hat and say "Howdy" and you will fit right in :devil:

K1llapanda - move to Cody, Wyoming and we will allow you to put on as many USPSA pistol/3Gun/multigun/Steel Challenge matches a month as you please at the Cody Shooting Complex. How can ya turn down a deal like that? Hopefully we will see you soon!

actually northern virginia has a lot of matches within a 2 hour drive (va, md, wv, pa). between uspsa and 3g, i can shoot both days i'd say half the weekends. major 3 gun matches include FNH and now Ironman East.

ranges/clubs include peacemaker, north mountain, fredericksburg, quantico, thurmont, eastern shore, southern maryland, york. the NRA range hosts some indoor matches.

i shot 3 gun yesterday and uspsa today, unfortunately in heat and humidity.

traffic during the work week pretty much sucks. most of the ranges/clubs do take a break in jan and feb going into march depending on how cold, snowy or stormy it is.