Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ CUSTOM 75 CTS LS-P vs AccuShadow

3djedi

Has there been any writren comparisons made of these two pistols?

Is one inherently "better" for production or is it mainly personal preference?

I don't know anything about CZ's but was thinking I might pick one of these choices up and give production a go for fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I haven't seen any top shooter switch to the LS-P, so it seems like they're all sticking with the Shadow.

That said, I personally chose the LS-P when moving to DA/SA. Coming from a 5" striker gun, I wanted to keep the longer sight radius. Haven't had any complaints about slide mass or recoil impulse; the gun stays very close to flat, even given the higher reciprocating mass and less weight out in front of the frame.

I had the same question a few months ago. The general consensus was the ls-p was softer shooting than the SP01 Accu-Shadow due to the longer barrel. But Accu is more accurate as the Ls-p doesn't have the Accu bushing.

As noted the top shooters are still using the SP01 Accu.

In the end I went with the SP01 Accu and have been very happy with it. First match with it will be tomorrow.

I have bagged my lsp at 25 and 50. At 25 it grouped around 1.5" and 50 it was a touch over 3". It is super accurate and I prefer the longer sighting plane.

I have a sp01 custom shadow. It is not as comfortable as far as sighting plane.

I actually ground down the front half of my LSp front sight and only use the rear post. I gained a longer sight radius and I seem to have better long distance shots. I was using a dawson which reduces sight radius a good amount.

Had both, sold my SP01, shoot an LS-P. For me it was about which grip felt better, both were way more accurate than I.

The 'new and improved' SP01 is supposed to have revised grip geometry, not sure if it will feel more like a current SP01 or the LS-P.

Edited by IHAVEGAS

ANybody know how long you can load for the CZ 75 LSP? I have a bunch of 1.135" montana gold HP's loaded up (for a glock 34) but I think they're probably too long for the CZ's.......

New SP01? Is that the shadow 2?

That is what I was thinking about, looks like the new TS Orange grip shape is sort of headed in the same direction. Not that I have held either gun.

ANybody know how long you can load for the CZ 75 LSP? I have a bunch of 1.135" montana gold HP's loaded up (for a glock 34) but I think they're probably too long for the CZ's.......

I've settled on 147 grain sns rnfp loaded to 1.15-1.16, they seem to run well in both LSP's as well as an 85 and a compact. Not sure how much longer they could be and still fit in the magazines. Only real ftf issues I have had was trying to load that bullet short, which created problems just often enough to make you crazy and screw up at least 1 stage per match. That combination also seems to cause the slide to go forward on its own with 100% reliability if a make up shot puts you to slide lock reload or you are shooting IDPA, for what it is worth.

Have also shot a lot of 125 sns rn loaded to 1.125 .

Before moving to cz's my old oal was 1.14 , so my cz's have seen some 147 grain mg rnfp and same length 115 grain berry's rn. All with no problems, but I've only shot 10's or hundreds of these instead of thousands.

Edited by IHAVEGAS

Before my LS-P, I was loading 147 Bayous to 1.15 for an M&P. Had to go down to 1.12 to chamber properly in the LS-P. Shorter OAL plus longer barrel meant I could go down on powder though, so it's a super soft load now, still making 130+ PF.

I've been using 147s in my lsp but I feel as though my follow up shots just aren't that great. I'm going to try 124s and see how well that works. I shot a steel match this weekend and was 40 seconds faster with my TS 40. I just don't think I see the sight as well on my lsp compared to the ts.