Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

<This thread is under construction - it's just beginning, actually>

I've quickly discovered that there is a LOT of good information on this forum pertaining to triggers and springs and dozens of other topics. Even moreso than for other brands... perhaps it's because these guns are still Unicorns to some extent. We only have each other to rely on to help set the gun up as best as possible.

Unless I'm missing something, there isn't one centralized location on the forum to find all of the most important posts easily and quickly.So here goes...

If you have a link to a vendor, youtube tutorial, or BEnos post which really helped you when building your gun, please post it in here so that I can add it! I'd really appreciate (and will fully credit) additions to the Tanfo bible.

The Tanfoglio Bible
Last updated June 09, 2016

VENDORS
(list courtesy of Praetorian97's post here)

GENERAL TECH

Youtube tutorials:

BEnos forum discussions:

GUNSMITHS (who won't butcher your Italian baby)

Websites:

BEnos forum discussions:

IRON SIGHT DISCUSSIONS

GRIPS

RECOIL SPRINGS & TUNING

MAGAZINES (Basepads, springs, tuning, basepads/extensions)

DISASSEMBLY, REASSEMBLY & CLEANING

TRIGGER JOB & POLISHING

Non BEnos-forum links:

BEnos forum discussions:

HOLSTERS & MAG POUCHES

PRODUCTION DIVISION INFO

OPEN SPECIFIC INFO (Comps, Optics, Mags, etc)

PHOTOS OF TANFOS

Edited by benos

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm well aware this is VERY lacking in information.

As I begin to understand more about the gun, I'd like to actually put a few pages of text up here explaining the basic differences between models, the things to consider when tuning the trigger, springs, mags, and sights for competition, and things like that.

Please post any thread you've found incredibly useful - I'd love to add it here!

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I was hoping you'd chime in, Atlas. Your posts have certainly helped a lot of others do their own work. I botched the formatting copying your Open links into the first post from my phone. I'll fix it in the morning from my laptop.

Keep the info coming. What is missing? What should be there?

Springer precision makes base pads for mags also. I found them last night while searching the bowels of the interwebs.

http://shop.springerprecision.com/category.sc?categoryId=51

Great Base Pads by the way

I'm well aware this is VERY lacking in information.

As I begin to understand more about the gun, I'd like to actually put a few pages of text up here explaining the basic differences between models, the things to consider when tuning the trigger, springs, mags, and sights for competition, and things like that.

Please post any thread you've found incredibly useful - I'd love to add it here!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

kneelingatlas, robport, and dogtired: I've added your contributions. Thanks!

Tonyscomputery: I appreciate it. This is for my benefit as much as anyone else's. The only difference is that while I'm picking the Tanfo section apart with various searches for information on tuning my Stock 3 for Producton, I'm saving it where all of you can find it, instead of pasting the links and posts into a Word .doc on my own hard drive. ;)

So there's a problem here...

I no longer seem to be able to edit any post in this thread except for the one above this which states that I added information from kneelinatlas, etc. Anyone know why that is? I can't add to the initial post!

Has to be. I wish I'd known that on the front end...

I'd have copied and pasted the UBB code for the first post and just created another post in this thread further down with the additional info. Kept the ball rolling.

Once we got it reasonably complete it would be simple for a Mod to come in and kill all the duplicate posts. That's the best way I can think of to create something like this as a non-moderator.

Damn.

• 2 months later...

Thanks dogtired. I just bought the Bladetech double mag pouch for the FN45 to use in IDPA with my Tanfo large mags. They fit great. Was stuffing them in a pouch for Glock mags, but it was still too tight even when adjustment screws backed out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I can't find the thread with all the testing on different hammer springs. I think it was done by Memphis Mech.

Google and Ennos search functions are not helping.

It was a really useful thread with some testing done on all different hammer springs....