• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But to answer your question, I do all of the following regularly:

-Getting out of a vehicle

-Sitting down reading a book

-Lying down

-Carrying a briefcase

Sounds like a blast!

So, I was at the Deaf school. The toddlers were taking a nap when a gunfight broke out. I had to engage 16 bad guys while negotiation the room of sleeping little ones. ...while carrying a briefcase. BOOM, scenario. Your welcome.

Would it make you feel better if they were simulated flowers and you took a procedural for trampling the plants?

Ultimately, I don't care what a MD wants to incorporate into a stage. Just don't tell me that simulated land mines are practical and expect me to agree.

Only things you see on the way to work or going to the grocery are... practical?

What if they were snapping turtles? Honey badgers? Pressure cookers?

Your kids toys on the floor while an intruder is in your house. Or the dogs squeaky toy that gives away your location.

In fact, squeaky toys would be fun!

Edited by mreed911

Would it make you feel better if they were simulated flowers and you took a procedural for trampling the plants?

Ultimately, I don't care what a MD wants to incorporate into a stage. Just don't tell me that simulated land mines are practical and expect me to agree.

Only things you see on the way to work or going to the grocery are... practical?

Your kids toys on the floor while an intruder is in your house. Or the dogs squeaky toy that gives away your location.

Kids toys? that would have to be Logo's and you would have to be bare foot. no penalty for stepping on them other than how much it hurts affecting your stage plan.

Now this is more like it. Fun spirited discussion instead of all the nonsense.

I think the best thing I learned is to use piles of dog crap instead to keep certain folks happy.:)

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Most plausible response yet.

I would drive an extra distance to a match that had:

a) squeaky dog toy booby traps

B) WSB including "must be barefoot and avoid yelping when/if stepping on any legos, hot wheels or other toys within the course of fire"

I do find it funny that many here would not see it as "practical" or fun if they had to sprint 50 yards to get to positions. Most think this so cool or awesome and a great idea because "this will slow those fast guys down". I just get a chuckle out of that.

I also am chuckling that the guy that said clay "mines" are practical is trying to give the guy that said the average person in the U.S. doesn't see mines in daily life. "Yeah well.......USPSA isn't practical anyway". LOL

And chuckling even more that when the DNROI approves something a few on here like......HEY IT"S LEGAL......but when he doesn't.....DNORI DOESN'T MAKE THE RULES!!!!!!

I do find it funny that many here would not see it as "practical" or fun if they had to sprint 50 yards to get to positions. Most think this so cool or awesome and a great idea because "this will slow those fast guys down". I just get a chuckle out of that.

I also am chuckling that the guy that said clay "mines" are practical is trying to give the guy that said the average person in the U.S. doesn't see mines in daily life. "Yeah well.......USPSA isn't practical anyway". LOL

And chuckling even more that when the DNROI approves something a few on here like......HEY IT"S LEGAL......but when he doesn't.....DNORI DOESN'T MAKE THE RULES!!!!!!

And don't forget the guy that doesn't have much to contribute but chooses TO RUN DOWN THOSE WHO DID!!!!!!

And FWIW, DNROI doesn't technically "make" the rules

Kids toys? that would have to be Logo's and you would have to be bare foot. no penalty for stepping on them other than how much it hurts affecting your stage plan.

By far the worst part of having kids is stepping on their legos at night when clearing your house in tactical priority from under a concealment vest.

And don't forget the guy that doesn't have much to contribute but chooses TO RUN DOWN THOSE WHO DID!!!!!!

I will contribute.....that kinda of stage crap is stupid. We are supposed to be having a shooting competition, not a tip-toe or dance competition. I will concede at a local every once in a while something like that can be interesting but can't we just keep the sport about shooting.

I will contribute.....that kinda of stage crap is stupid. We are supposed to be having a shooting competition, not a tip-toe or dance competition. I will concede at a local every once in a while something like that can be interesting but can't we just keep the sport about shooting.

Oh...like Steel Challenge then?

So no unloaded starts, no table starts, no mandatory reloads, no fun.....?

Yeah, that is what I said, Oh I see you want to take "Keep it about the shooting" literally. That's cute.

So no unloaded starts, no table starts, no mandatory reloads, no fun.....?

Just being about the shooting is no fun? See, I think that is the most fun part about what we do in USPSA. How about we have a stage where you are 50 yards from your loaded gun, at the buzzer you retrieve your gun and engage T1 (at 2 yards) with shot. How about you have to solve a puzzle before you draw and engage a target with one shot, sounds like an awesome stage.

You sound upset. If so, that is unfortunate.

I didn't make the Steel Challenge comment to provoke you. I did make it to point out that some shooting sports have a greater focus on just "the shooting".

The fact is, we enjoy quite a variety of course designs in USPSA. I can't even count the number of unique courses of fire that I have shot. Everyone is going to have a different opinion of what constitutes good course design, and what obstacles are "practical".

To me, much of the practicality comes from the distraction from the shooting that gets built into a course of fire. And/or, as OPENB stated...the gun handling, more so that tactics. Other than that, not much of what we do is very tactical, as a whole. Aspects of it do have applications.

Honestly, if I see something different and unexpected on a course of fire...that has practical value to me. It takes me out of my comfort zone. I enjoy that challenge. Well, except for memory stages...those are dumb. :)

You sound upset. If so, that is unfortunate.

I didn't make the Steel Challenge comment to provoke you. I did make it to point out that some shooting sports have a greater focus on just "the shooting".

The fact is, we enjoy quite a variety of course designs in USPSA. I can't even count the number of unique courses of fire that I have shot. Everyone is going to have a different opinion of what constitutes good course design, and what obstacles are "practical".

To me, much of the practicality comes from the distraction from the shooting that gets built into a course of fire. And/or, as OPENB stated...the gun handling, more so that tactics. Other than that, not much of what we do is very tactical, as a whole. Aspects of it do have applications.

Honestly, if I see something different and unexpected on a course of fire...that has practical value to me. It takes me out of my comfort zone. I enjoy that challenge. Well, except for memory stages...those are dumb. :)

I really like stage design that has challenges that as you say "distract" from the shooting because that has an effect on the actual shooting. Gimmicks that have no effect on the practical shooting of a stage are just to make shooter jump through hoops for the sake of literally making them jump through hoops......(if I have to do that at a stage anytime soon ........)

I really like stage design that has challenges that as you say "distract" from the shooting because that has an effect on the actual shooting. Gimmicks that have no effect on the practical shooting of a stage are just to make shooter jump through hoops for the sake of literally making them jump through hoops......(if I have to do that at a stage anytime soon ........)

simulated mines (or dog poop piles) seem exactly like something you would like, based on your post. What makes it a gimmick to have to pay attention to where you put your feet?

simulated mines (or dog poop piles) seem exactly like something you would like, based on your post. What makes it a gimmick to have to pay attention to where you put your feet?

We already have things that govern where you can have your feet while shooting, they are called fault lines and their construction is governed by the rule book. Also these were not just where to place your feet while shooting but also while just moving through the stage. Getting a penalty while moving from one spot to another and not as result of actual shooting seems pretty silly.

Other than that, not much of what we do is very tactical, as a whole.

Like running backwards while keeping the gun pointed the opposite direction we're running in, like we're running away from our gun and shooting behind us (instead of engaging the threat we're running toward)? :)

All hail the 180!

(and yes, I get it, it's a balance of safety and not muzzling the rest of your squad/spectators - I've just seen military guys DQ'ed for some ready condition that breaches the 180 while they're moving or transitioning and personally include a particular ready position when moving that comes too close to the 180, sideways, to use in competition)

We already have things that govern where you can have your feet while shooting, they are called fault lines and their construction is governed by the rule book. Also these were not just where to place your feet while shooting but also while just moving through the stage. Getting a penalty while moving from one spot to another and not as result of actual shooting seems pretty silly.

So why not fault lines and/or shooting positions you have to hopscotch through? Would that make more sense than a land mine for you? :)

ok, so you only like *some* things that distract from the shooting and pose an additional challenge, but you dislike *other* things that distract from the shooting and pose and additional shooting challenge. I'm ok with that. :cheers:

Sounds more like Bullseye. Steel Challenge at least still emphasizes speed and shooting.