Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock MOS system for Open Class

mike100

Ah, gotcha. Most flicks stick with 121-125's since they have to run shorter oal. I like WAC with 121-125. I just loaded some MG 121 with 7.4 WAC @1.15 for testing. Got 175 PF out of a full size Cheely. You could start at 6.8 maybe? Don't you only need 160 in IPSC Open?

I think his questions was about optics holding up to the abuse of riding the slide not load data. The answer on optics is we are mostly still waiting to see if there is an optic out there that can handle it. The 500-1000 sample size doesn't mean anything. Going to need to find what optic can reliable handle 30k-50k before being junk.

Holy crap! How did I do that? If there isn't a thread somewhere asking about loads for a Glock I must be taking too many meds! :)

Sorry OP.

I know a few guys running doctors I think. They seem to hold up. But even they say frame mounted is the way to go since there is much more dot movement.

I have a docter on my open gun , until now hold's up well and a buddy of mine had one on his open gun for years ( slide mounted) .

I don't see more dot movement ( i can track the dot every shot never even leaves the glass)than with my old set up 90 deg Cmore and dot is even closer to the bore .

Docter is a special IPSC edition 7 moa oke mine is on a 2011 but mounted similar to the glock mos .

post-42245-0-39943300-1465471287_thumb.j

Edited by Tino2212

I know some self-defense types that have run north of 10k rounds factory 9mm ammo through a G17 on an RMR without issue. Can't say what it'll do at 30k though.

Or with 9MAJOR ammo.

A friend of mine runs a Delta Point open 9mm major and has been using it for 2+ years now...i can't give you round count but it has to be better than 15,000.

Thanks for the input. I was thinking of running a C-More RTS2 for optics. Anyone running similar with performance or reliability information.

Thanks

Mike

You better run a search on the RTS2 . Either on here or probably just google it. Latest V4 version might be up to speed but I won't even try it frame mounted yet let alone on a slide mount

The lack of having cowitnessed irons out of the factory MOS system without spending more money on sights that should have been there from day one makes the MOS option itself a no go for me.

Been running two RMRs on a 34 and 19 (current 3G tool) for two years on milled slides and suggest going that route vs. MOS.

No issues on 3 of them. All frame mounted.

Let's be honest, based on the reviews and experiences across the open shooting community, you are certainly the exception.