Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ICORE @ Silver Creek Conservation Club June 26, 2016

Alright guys, here’s the plan for the match this month. We have a lot of our regular shooters who might actually make it to a club match this month as they don’t have commitments elsewhere. A few guys haven’t gotten classified yet, so I am running 4 classifiers so that they can get some scores submitted.

Classifiers: CS-009 How Fast Are You?, CS-016 Side to Side, CS-024 Boxes and Barricades, & CS-031 Line Up and Take Sides.

We will also be running two steel challenge stages; Smoke & Hope and Five to Go; as well as three field courses, two of which are X-count and one is Par Time. Total minimum round count is 210 rounds across 9 stages.

As usual, match fees are $15 for non-members, $10 for club members, $5 for LE/MIL/FIRE/EMS. Bring $2 per classifier in addition to match fees if you want to have classifier scores submitted to ICORE.

We could use people to help set up the Saturday before the match as well as tear down after the match. For those willing to help, they shoot the match free, as well as those who are willing to RO. I am bringing out a large cooler with ice and water as it will most likely be hot. If you want to bring additional drinks (Gatorade) and want them to stay cold, there will be room in the cooler, put your name on them.

Match is Sunday morning; last minute set up starts at 8, registration starts at 9 in the clubhouse, and match to start at 10. I look forward to seeing you all out there, if you are willing to help set up/ tear down, email me at icorestu@gmail.com .

Edited by RevoWood123

• 2 weeks later...

Quick reminder guys, the match is a week from today. If you are willing/ able to help set up on Sat, it would be appreciated, and you'll shoot the match free. If anybody wants to come help let me know icorestu@gmail.com , otherwise I hope to see some of you guys at the match.

Quick change being made to the match. As of this moment I have no idea how many we are expecting at the match, and a lot of guys have been asking to shoot outlaw division, so I made the decision to give Outlaw a try. I don't want semi-autos to have an easy time so I am going to lay out two options and we will decide which way to go at the meeting before the match 9:30 Sunday morning.

Option #1: Any shooter shooting outlaw division will receive an automatic 35 sec penalty added to their scores and will be require to only have 8 rounds in the gun at any time (no 8+1); so start mag with 8 rounds and shoot til empty, or 8 rounds in start mag, keep one in chamber and 7 rounds in remaining mags. The reason for this is to simulate the same amount of ammunition that would be in an 8 shot revolver.

Option #2: Any shooter shooting outlaw division wil receive an automatic 80 sec penalty added to their scores and will follow the same rules as USPSA Production division regarding magazine capacity (10 rounds in the magazines).

I want to encourage those who are shooting Outlaw to see what ICORE is about and maybe win a few folks over the fun of wheelguns.

Here's the scores for this month's match. Thanks to all who came out to help set up the day before the match, it was much appreciated and thanks to all the guys who came out to shoot outlaw and see what ICORE is about. I hope that you all had fun and hopefully we may have generated a little more interest for revolver. I think I'll continue to allow outlaw division so long as it doesn't end up being mostly semi-auto shooters.

http://silvercreekcc.org/files/2016/06/ICORE-SCORES-6_26_16.pdf

I also need to issue an apology to M. Shaw as I looked at the scores again today, I must have missed it on the sort, but you should have been at the top of the list for Limited Division.

Also I wanted to add, that I have the classifiers pulled out of the packets and I am going to get a check to send the classifiers in to ICORE as soon as possible so that the classifications will hopefully be posted in July.