Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has anyone put grease fittings in place of the small holes on the 550B lubrication points?

I'm using a spray can of white lithium grease, w/plastic tube, and I sometimes feel I'm getting more grease on the exterior than inside.

Any suggestions or comments?

Howard

Nope no grease fittings but i use Ballistol aerosol for a grease free solution to lubrication. Very clean. It took awhile for the Ballistol to clear out the old factory grease, but it runs alot smoother now.

Nope no grease fittings but i use Ballistol aerosol for a grease free solution to lubrication. Very clean. It took awhile for the Ballistol to clear out the old factory grease, but it runs alot smoother now.

Thanks for the reply. Where would I look for Ballistol? Automotive store? Machine shop? Or....

Howard

Try this, it fits over a standard grease gun nozzle. A local parts store should be able to get one for you. B)

I'd get a small grease gun, like the ones they use for boat trailers and lube the press with a Multi-purpose grease such as Valvoline p/n 608. I originally had the Dillon Maint. kit but the lube in the plastic syringe was too hard to inject. This setup works good.

http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/lnc5803.html

I put a drop of FP-10 in the holes.

My dillon 550 has been suddenly getting very sluggish to run, I read the book, I need tolube it with grease and W30, but where are theses points yu speak of

Also any other advice in my first dillon libe job would be appreciated!

The holes are a more recent manifestation. Not sure exactly when they started adding them. You may be able to work enough lube in from the outside but if not then just pull it apart, give it a nice coat of your lube of choice and reassemble.