Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone running a g21 in Limited?

I'm going with what I think is fun...I know it's not super ideal, or cheap, but I'm doing it anyway?

So...I've got a gen3 g21 with a Lone wolf 6"barrel and slide, ghost connector, titanium safety plunger, 6lb trigger spring, steel guide rod with a 17lb spring. I'm planning on starting in lim10 until I can afford mag extensions, and a mag well.

Anyone else doing this? I'm curious to hear your thoughts, or how else it can be done.

Depends on your club. If they do 19 or 20 round stages, you have 1 reload. There should be a place on any 16 plus round stage for a reload.

My club does 21 to 24 round stages. All the Limited shooters have to reload so it isn't a big deal.

Trent, your club isn't any fun at all! Go back in the stats shack!

As for what he said about finding a spot for the reload there is always space. Big thing is the ability to push it on steel or on movers. Texas star anyone? Even with the TTI, you get 18 in the gun your are still down 3-4 make up shots that you could have had.

I shoot Open now, and I still have to reload on 32 round stages!

I have 1 mag that will give me 29, plus a barny for 30. If there is a Texas star, i'm going to find a way to reload anyway.

I have full ZEV G41. There are pictures of it in the Glock and photo gallery forums. I have both Taran and ARREDONDO basepads. Capacity is not a big disadvantage but the gun is light and recoil is noticeably more than with a 2011 or CZ. Still, the G41 is crazy accurate and it is a very competent limited gun, just not competitive at the top end. The trigger also is not as good as the 2011 or the CZ.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=203365&page=7#entry2329773M

Post 168 has a photo.

Edited by lawboy

• 1 month later...

Two guys that I know of at my club shoot G21's and do really good with them. But they have been shooting with them over 20 years each and are well used to the pistols and the loads they make. One of them is a M class shooter and he got it using the same Glock. He's running a vanek trigger, Arredondo pads and not sure what else but with the load he uses it shoots softer than my 35.