Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Worlds 2016

Chris1911

48 minutes ago, kimmbeckwith said:

Thanks that will help I'll try and bring my projectiles and brass. Do any of you that fly what weight limits and what overweight charges are. 

Weight limits are almost always 50lbs for American flagged airlines and a little over that because it is in kilos for foreign airlines. The charges depend on the airline, when we bought our tickets with Air NZ it was only a couple of dollars to each additional bag. So we have 3 bags each if we need it.

Edited by PPGMD

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone registered and paid recently on the WAPC2016 website?  I've been receiving Paypal errors for the last 3 days.  Clair Salter says the page is now functional, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Seiichi

• 2 weeks later...

No! You are Australian, therefore the time you will be shooting will be immediately after sundown, the lights will be off and the target will be on backwards, how else am I supposed to beat you?

As an aside, more sponsors on board, plus hopefully we will get a side match together for giggles.

On 9/3/2016 at 0:18 AM, CPL said:

Kim,

650 and 1050 here, 20 min from the range. your more than welcome to use either. Also plenty of N320 and Federal primers.

Has anyone approached Dominion Breweries to be Title Sponsor?

Thanks that will help I'll try and bring my projectiles and brass. Do any of you that fly what weight limits and what overweight charges are. 

1 hour ago, kimmbeckwith said:

Depends on your airline, ticket category, and airline membership level.

If you go to their website they will typically have it all spelled out. Typically 50lbs or 23kg is the default limit for checked mags.

• 1 month later...

What a fantastic match!
Thanks to all of the organisers and volunteers who worked so hard for the duration of the competition. The range was great, the people were brilliant and the country was amazing!
Well done to Benito, for shooting his first 1920 in a match and a great result for Robert, who has set a new record for metallic (I think, it started to get hazy around the awards ceremony!!)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I hope the shooters that were going touring after the match managed to avoid the earthquake. I know one couple that were heading down that way but would still have been in the North Island when it happened.

Just a quick 'thank you' to all the organisers, range staff and officials that made it a very enjoyable event. Also not forgetting the shooters themselves that mucked in and made it a very relaxed event. It is always good to catch up with competitors that you may only see every one or two years but also to find new friends among the shooters and swop new ideas and recycle old ones.There're a few stories to be told from the event and I'm sure they will eventually surface.

I had the pleasure of JimmyB's company for the week and he is one dedicated competitor. I last saw him at the BC in 2003 and that was the last time he shot a handgun. He was a very accomplished revolver shooter and decided to put us on his 'bucket list'. Just to make it interesting he arrived the day before our Nationals and was lent an auto in 38spr. Having never shot one in competition before  it was going to be a steep learning curve.Shot the match, cleaned the plates. and traveled up to the World Shoot. He finished on 1897 and the top Master grade shooter. Only a wobbly knee session on the mover stopped him being higher (we've all been there).:(

I hope you all got home safe and sound.

Aw shucks...

I'd like to echo the thanks to all involved with the running of the match and I hope that everyone is safe and well. It was a great match and I'm glad that I was able to attend. It would never have been possible for me without the help of some incredibly generous friends. It's truly humbling to be on the receiving end of such kindness.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

The host country, range, staff, club members, and volunteers were all amazing.  The entire Munt family went well beyond what would be expected!  Richard's father, club president, ran the mover during practice and the match.  His mother baked snacks for everyone during practice, then baked and decorated two amazing cakes for the awards dinner.  Richard, facilitating the storage of our firearms, and providing gunsmithing and ammunition loading services for the match.  It was great catching up with old friends and making new ones.  The trip was too short, just when I got accustomed to driving clockwise around the roundabouts, it was time to head home...

Seiichi