Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cameras

reloader550

Contour is a great camera for this sport. You see gopros a lot but they can be a little awkward for this. Check out the contour they mount great to your muffs. And welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forums! Go pros look so damn out of place. I guess it's the size and shape but they are just so bulky.

I'm looking pretty hard at the tachyons.

Edited by Sarge

go pro hero session (small cube) works pretty good, super easy to turn on and off. easily clips to bill of baseball cap and light enough to not move it around too much. i also have sony action cam that i mount to top of earpro. a little heavier and if i'm sweaty or not wearing a cap, it has moved my earpro around.

Been happy with the sony action cam mini . Great picture and sound, good size and plenty of mounts. You can use your phone as a remote with screen view. Currently mounted to ear muffs but may change. I am bad about putting the muffs on at angle and not checking the view. May try mounting to the bill of a hat.

Some local guys use the mobius. Hard to beat the price. It a good cam and is great for hat bill mounting. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GT2B4R6?psc=1If just using for shooting it is a solid option.

I also like the sony action cam. The other cams I've seen and tried always seem to fall down in one area. often it's the video which whilst technically 1080 was still sub par and most often it's the sound that's the let down. many have really poor sound.

The sony has great picture and great sound. It's super light, has removable batteries that are cheap to buy spares, last a long time and easy to change. The mount is very secure but easy to adjust. You can check the view via a smartphone and it has a simple single button both to turn on and start recording (and gives a loud audible indication that it's starting up and recording) and then to stop recording (gives a different sound so you know it stopped, it then has auto shut off to conserve battery). It has a wide variety of mounts (and an adapter so you can use any go pro compatible mount too). You can tell I really like mine.....

So yeah, I'd say sony action cam. :)

i guess i don't get out enough but that's the first uspsa match/range i've seen without bays or at least berms. looks like fun.

That was my first time at that outdoor range. The downside of not having bays/berns was that we couldn't split up the squad so it took forever to finish the match.

I run a gopro on the bill of the hat.... it looks worse than it is. Its not bad at all, they aren't heavy... I may be bias... hell I wore the old school kevlar w/ PVS-7B back in the service for quite some time.....

Edited by kylelee123

GoPro Hero Session here

What it looks like

I implemented a similar concept, except I cut a hole in the bill to drop the bottom of the frame(not the mount) through the bill. Used industrial velcro to keep the camera in place. I placed it as far back as possible without the bill being viewable in the frame. I barely notice the camera is there.

GoPro Hero Session here

The pov is superb. I might have to get a session this summer...

can you kindly spell out how you mounted the go pro session cam to your cap? is it just velcro'd or glued to the top of the bill? thanks

Edited by davsco

• 4 weeks later...

Get yourself a Mobius camera on eBay.

It's the size of a matchbox. Just put velcro on the bottom of it, and glue velcro on the top of the brim of your hat.

And it's $70.

Edited by Unregistered