Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 Firing Pin Block

oddjob

When the hammer is at full cock I can push the firing pin in. When at half cock the block works and I can't push it in. Is this normal? I have an Extreme long firing pin and the standard factory block.

thanks

Edited by oddjob

Put the factory firing pin back in and see if the FPB works right. If that is the case you probably should by an extended FPB and fit it to the extended firing pin. There are tons of threads on how to do this.

• 1 month later...

If you replace your hammer to either the Titan/Delta, you have to use the Extreme Firing pin safety. Changing the hammer lowers the sear hence needing a longer firing pin safety.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Put the stock firing pin in and it works just like the extended one. Must be factory ok.

A non-functioning firing pin block will get you DQ'd at a match where they actually conduct an equipment check. It has to work in order to be Production legal.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Got the extended block. The firing pin is now working (or not working) as it should at full cock. Thanks for the information!! It passed the pencil test with flying colors.

Edited by oddjob

Got the extended block. The firing pin is now working (or not working) as it should at full cock. Thanks for the information!! It passed the pencil test with flying colors.

That's good to hear. I've found the extended FPB interferes slightly with the grauffel fp. Check the back of the fp notch after you've shot it a bit and see if there's any peening or material gone. For some reason the fpb doesn't quite move out of the way fast enough.

Put the stock firing pin in and it works just like the extended one. Must be factory ok.

A non-functioning firing pin block will get you DQ'd at a match where they actually conduct an equipment check. It has to work in order to be Production legal.

I thought it bumps you to Open div. not a DQ.