Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

production legal list

I recently purchased a HK P30L (light LEM) in .40, for use in production, but when I check the USPSA Production list of approved, its not specifically on there, any idea if it is legal or not? it does show the P30LS, but not the L in .40 specifically.

thanks,

Jason

I recently purchased a HK P30L (light LEM) in .40, for use in production, but when I check the USPSA Production list of approved, its not specifically on there, any idea if it is legal or not? it does show the P30LS, but not the L in .40 specifically.

thanks,

Jason

Not on list, not approved.

well, that's no good, I already have Limited guns, I was hoping to play in production this next year, what is the procedure for asking to get it put on the list? I can't see any reason why it would not be allowed, it is a plastic gun after-all.

We used to have this happen a fair bit where ( new) guys go out and buy a gun, then want to shoot it Production only to find out it's not approved. Then they blame IPSC ( I'm not saying you're doing that triple) instead of checking first.

It happened a couple of months ago just before our Nationals when the CZ Shadow 2 was released and people wanted it to be able to be used in Production, alas it hadn't been approved, and people who knew better still had to blame IPSC.

P30LS V1 in .40SW is on approved list. V1 denotes light LEM. The difference between approved gun and yours is in thumb safeties that carry no competitive advantage or disadvantage, and frankly are nearly uses on LEM. I'd send a letter to NROI asking them to look into it. The arcane nomenclature on HK guns makes it difficult to understand that approved and unapproved guns are all but identical.

P30LS V1 in .40SW is on approved list. V1 denotes light LEM. The difference between approved gun and yours is in thumb safeties that carry no competitive advantage or disadvantage, and frankly are nearly uses on LEM. I'd send a letter to NROI asking them to look into it. The arcane nomenclature on HK guns makes it difficult to understand that approved and unapproved guns are all but identical.

What he said. Email Troy and see what happens.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the M&P Pro 40 4.25 is on the production list? I didnt see that on an older list but every other model us there which makes no sense?

The approved list is here--http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-NROI-production-gunlist.php

If it isn't on there the mfg needs to be your point of contact. The process to get on the list is covered at the top of the linked page.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the IPSC list better, no need to for confusion with calibers and various safety/decocker/trigger configurations.

P70Z, P8, P9S (only with 100mm barrel), P10, P2000, P2000SK, P30, P30L, P30S, P30LS, P7M8 (EP7 in Greece), P7M10, P7M13, VP9, SFP9.

Sometimes, simple is better.

• 5 months later...

Shoulda bought a tanfo. I emailed Tanfoglio and Mr Tanfoglio himself replied to me when I noticed the .40 Limited Pro wasn't on the production list, he filled out the USPSA form, and it got added to the list. Probably took two weeks.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This thread brings up an important point.  There should be some mechanism for NROI to add pistols to the list without requiring the manufacturer to fill out some form.  What if you have a company that has no real interest in filling out forms for an institution they have not heard of, or are too busy for?  And what if, despite that, it is clear that the the pistol meets all the requirements, is widely available and has likely been produced far in excess of the required number?  That pistol should be on the list, plain and simple. 

I'm going through this with SAR-USA trying to get the SAR9 on the list.  It's the turkish military's sidearm, so it has the numbers, and it is basically a glock slide on a HK vp9 grip.  It's a production pistol.  I had been trying to get through to SAR-USA for a loooong time.  Finally today they wrote back and said they tried to contact Troy and the email was coming back undeliverable.    How much effort can I expect SAR-USA to put into getting this on the production list?  These guys likely have no awareness of USPSA, they are an importer in Chicago.  They are giving the effort because a nobody emailed them begging them to do it, based on my claims that it could help sales if comp shooters used their product.  I'll see if they follow through, I'm hopeful.  The SAR9 is a promising striker fired pistol.  

You're in contact with them. Email Troy the form. That's what I did with a Tanfoglio model not on the list. Massimo sent me the form and I emailed it in. Done.

SAR-USA is likely inquiring about the form, they dont have it yet. And I dont have the form either. Maybe I'm wrong and it's available on the USPSA website, but I don't think it is. Which would be yet another needless hurdle.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk