Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mr. Bullet Feeder rocks...but one issue

Just picked up a MBF yesterday at CED. This thing is so worth the money. The installation instructions are kinda confusing and vague, but it wasn't really any problem setting it up. The only problem I am having is bullets getting stuck between the dislodge arm and collator plate. See attached pic. Anyone else have this issue? If so, what did you do to correct it? It doesn't really seem to cause any problems, it's just annoying.

Thanks,

Scott

post-43369-0-09856300-1465042053_thumb.j

Edited by scottlep

I have to admit, this never happened on mine. Normally that arm would kick bullets when its out of line.

Have you tried watching how this happens? Prop the feeder on the toolhead with a bin so it will just drop bullets and watch the collator how can a bullet get stuck there. This might give you an idea.

I used to watch mine due to upside down bullets, i had to adjust a part. Works wonders now.

Edited by Torogi

I have bullets get stuck to the area just to the right of your circle when I place 'too many' bullets into the feeder. A bullet will ride on top of another and slip into the gap (in my case preventing bullets from flipping correctly). I taped a piece of cardboard across the top to push any riders off and haven't had issues since.

Already loosened the screw a tiny bit, but the arm was moving fine. I had only dropped a small handful of bullets in the feeder as I was setting it up, so I don't think I was overfilling it. I am kind of thinking that since I am using small 9mm 115s they are just the right size to get stuck in that area. I think they were 125s or 147s they would be too big to even drop in that space. For now I put a small piece of tape over the area and it seems to have resolved the issue.

Thanks,

Scott

• 2 years later...

I'm having this problem as well. Here's what I got from AA. So far the masking tape isn't working.

"I suspect you are loading 9mm? I had the same issue on my 9mm MBF, I put masking tape over the cut out on the dislodge arm and it solved the problem. We had to design the dislodge arm in this manner as this gave the arm enough length to bottom out in the U shaped cut outs in the collator plate. This design gave us the best result when knocking uncollated bullets.

Regards,

Josh Lentz
Sales & Technical Support
Alpha Dynamics USA

Edited by iGun

I've had to loosen the adjusting screw for the "nose guide".  If it's too tight it causes the nose guide to create a very small lip that the dislodge (kicker) arm can hang up on.  If you look at your picture the area I'm talking about it at about 2 o clock in the red circle.  

Perhaps adjust the angle the entire bulletfeeder sits at? Never loaded anything but 125s/147s oersonally. I’ve not had to fix an issue other than upside down bullets being fed.

There is a very very good series of videos on youtube from DAA and MBF abour setting a bulletfeeder up.

• 2 months later...

I had this same problem (on a 650) and when I changed the angle it stopped. Just move the angle steeper on the collator until it stops. I started with plated 9mm 147gr RN bullets and when I tried the lighter 115 coated RN it started again. Moved the collator to a steeper angle and it stopped. The lighter bullets were a little more finicky to get them to feed, but when I was done I tried the 147gr again and they ran too. The instructions say a little about the preferred angle but I just went with what the bullets liked. Needles to say I am very happy with the MBF and wish I did the upgrade sooner.

I found a perfectly level front with exactly a 45 degree rear tilt solved mine bunching up....still have a rare on overload and drop on the floor. Check the Alpha Youboob videos ....very helpful.

Install your rubber band yet?....another simple solution for 9mm.....good luck..a great machine !!!

• 1 month later...

I had this problem only when I put alot of heads in the feeder, I run a mark7 so I was trying to run all the components at max capacity. Just run less bullet heads and the problem should go away.