Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How much Titegroup to make minor with stock 2?

rootacres

Hello everyone, I am using 147 gr SNS coated bullets with federal primers out of my stock 2. Does anyone know how much TG I will need to make minor? Or does anyone have any velocity data? thanks,

• 1 year later...
On 6/2/2016 at 6:18 PM, rootacres said:

I am using 147 gr SNS coated bullets

Year old thread but the details are pertinent.

Just got a stock 2, have a lot of 147 sns truncated cone bullets that I would like to use up.

Any info/experience (feed reliability, accuracy, load recipe) with using that bullet with that gun would be of great interest.

With a brand new gun yesterday I had two or three ftf issues running what my CZ's like (1.15 oal, 3.2 titegroup). May just be a brand new tight gun thing but not comforting. 

2 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Year old thread but the details are pertinent.

Just got a stock 2, have a lot of 147 sns truncated cone bullets that I would like to use up.

Any info/experience (feed reliability, accuracy, load recipe) with using that bullet with that gun would be of great interest.

With a brand new gun yesterday I had two or three ftf issues running what my CZ's like (1.15 oal, 3.2 titegroup). May just be a brand new tight gun thing but not comforting. 

What was the FTF issue? Was it not feeding well due to feed ramp or not able to chamber completely? The odds of the oal of the rounds being to long is high since tanfo barrel are inconsistent. Most likely need to load shorter or have barrel reamed.

On 6/27/2017 at 9:21 AM, Ck867 said:

What was the FTF issue? Was it not feeding well due to feed ramp or not able to chamber completely? The odds of the oal of the rounds being to long is high since tanfo barrel are inconsistent. Most likely need to load shorter or have barrel reamed.

Barrel has been reamed and ammo plunck tests well, but I am thinking that you may be correct on loading shorter.

Had hoped the issue was due to a new gun with a sharp 90 on the slide where it contacts the round (and drags against the round below the one that is being chambered). Put a bevel where the sharp 90 was dos possibly that will help. When you hit the mag release or assist the slide with a bump of your hand, the round chambers. jam1.jpg.c2f5c34b5ba6d99d958d1060c80f9c23.jpg

jam2.jpg.0ca0c5d99d31cfe5ed10cc399f2810da.jpg

jam3.jpg.7fbeac031959e0181d7c56152ac2f56a.jpg

Edited by IHAVEGAS