Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Prescription shooting glasses question

3djedi

I've been looking at rudy projects and they offer prescription lenses and prescription inserts (rx adapters).... I thought if I went with the insert I could switch color lenses on the glasses for varying conditions.

Which is the best way to go? If just direct prescription lenses would you go with just the clear or a photocromatic?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I've been down this path. For years I've used a pair of Rydon's with the inserts behind the shields. In practice I never changed the shields much, but the placement of the insert closer to my face made my glasses fog up too often.

I've switched to photocromatic, digital mapped prescription in the shields, couldn't be happier.

I'm using the Rydons with the inserts and really like the combo. If (when) I trash the outer lesnses I can just swap them out inexpensively rather than having to replace the expencive prescription lenses.

I'm using the photocromatic "clear to black". They are nearly clear indoors and only so dark outside. For me that works well. It can be at bright as it wants outside and the degree to which the lenses color is fine by me.

I've been using the photochromic clear to black and they work very well. They actually don't get very dark. They are dark enough for comfort on a sunny day. I found they still let enough light through for a crisp front sight focus.

I purchased the Rudy glasses with built in prescription lenses. They darken in sunlight, very light, have held up,well.

I tried the inserts and didn't care for them . My prescription is reversed bi focal with the near vision correction on top...works great for pistol......not so much for long guns. Getting old is not fun.............

• 3 weeks later...