Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Freedom Gunworks v. CK Arms

cameronblue

They are both made by the same guy - bobby keigan. I would give him a call or email and ask him. The main difference is with the freedom you can ask for some customization. The ck just comes how it comes. Both should be excellent.

I have four guns built by Bobby. Two Open guns, one a Freedom Gunworks and the other a CK Arms (steel grip). I also have a Limited Freedom Gunworks (steel grip) and a CK Arms IDPA/Limited gun. To give you an honest answer I really can not tell the difference in quality between the guns. The only difference there maybe is a slightly better trigger on the Freedom Gunworks gun. Slide to fit no difference. The two I like the best are the guns with the steel grip. The steel grip gives the gun extra weight and a solid feel. The two with the steel grip are the best looking handguns I have ever owned. You can't go wrong with either one and Bobby stands behind his guns.

Just for future reference- the frame and slide are a PVD coating and that every CK Arms gun is either pvd or nitride. None are offered in any other finish.

I need to research what PVD is. :D

Physical vapor deposition

• 1 month later...

PVD is an awesome finish. Bobby did that on some of my Limited's. If you want a custom, Freedom Gun Works will build it for you at higher $ and some waiting time (but atleast you get what you want). However, if you like to have it sooner, then you can get a CK (less expensive and reasonably priced). Both are excellent builds and Bobby would test them before shipping.

Edited by 1911A12011

• 2 months later...

If you're looking for off the shelf then black and silver are your only options with the CK. If you're willing to wait a little longer and pay a little extra then rainbow is the limit... literally. I was at Gator last year and saw the Tialn coating they put on the match open gun and knew my wife would love it as it has a purple hue to it and purple is her favorite color. I messaged through the CK website about cloning the gun and Matt emailed me back almost immediately. Was 9pm by the way. He said Bobby was more familiar with the coating and forwarded the message to him. We just took delivery of the pistol Thursday, I worked up a load Friday and shot it a little yesterday morning. I'm so impressed with this gun that I'm seriously considering putting my Infinity limited gun on the shelf and ordering another CK open thunder for my self. Fit and finish is what I would expect from a much more expensive pistol. 5/5 stars, would recommend to a friend, would buy again.

Check CK out on Facebook. They have a ton of finish options available. Beautiful workmanship.