Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger American Rifle

Kmarsh1966

If you mean the Ruger American Predator in 6.5CM then yes it a capable Prs rifle with some upgrades, most notably a chassis system that allows for AICS mags and a true 20 moa rail, the one that the RAP is weaver, so if you already have a scope mount setup for a 1913 the ruger one needs to go. LSS MDT is the only chassis system I know that is built for the RAP.

Edited by DocMedic

Does anyone use the Ruger American Rifle in PRS? I was assuming a Chassis would be the first upgrade.

You might consider a Ruger Precision Rifle in 243 Winchester as an alternative. Those are going for $999 on places like Gunbroker.com now. They seem to be the least loved of the three RPR models. Handload a 105/107 grain bullet with a slow powder like H1000 or IMR 7977 and perhaps you'll be there right out of the box? Personally, I'm considering this myself and dumping the Samson handguard for longer 18" Midwest Industries. actually, I have a project that could use the Samson 15" to better effect. Hmmm, now that's some serious economy. Anyway, I thought you might want to consider this alternative course of action.

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up a 6.5 CM RAP in an MDT LSS chassis with a PRS stock this past Friday. It has a 4-16x50 Viper in Warne rings on the factory base.

A couple of observations.

The MDT fixed stock adapter to enable using the PRS makes the LoP rather long and puts the PRS adjustable comb too far back for my tastes.

Magpul mags do not work!

Looks to be sub-moa using factory 140gr. ELD ammo and a Thunder Beast can, but I've only fired about a dozen rounds through it. I'm not setup to load 6.5 yet.

I'm waiting for an MDT rail piece to arrive so I can use my Elite Iron Revolution bi-pod on it.

The lack of the RPR's full length top rail allows mounting the scope lower.