Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Out of bax shotgun

m39nut

Gun was reliable with various shells down to 2 3/4 DR for about 700 rounds. Then gun started FTE about 50% with 2 3/4 and 3 DR shells while shooting trap. Cleaned/lubed per Openclassterror (?) in M3K thread and still random FTEs. Gently filed extractor edges in bolt carrier with no change. Even FTE with 1oz 1500FPS slug. Installed Benelli parts and no failures since. Three cases of Estate 1 1/8 @ 1145. Three cases of Walmart Federal. No faults since. Not 100% sure the Benelli extractor/spring fixed issue, but pretty sure. I have a newer gun with a from the factory very smooth mag tube. FTEs also occurred with Carbon Arms 10 shot single piece tube before Benelli parts were installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This review of the Beretta... does not have a mid bead... this particular one still needs tweaking for load 2/4. Needed extended chokes.

What part of this video is not up to date?

The m3k is a good start, but still needs work, time, and a few parts to really be ready to go.

In your opinion what other parts other than the tube does the M3K need?

Maybe the 21" doesn't have a mid bead, I know the 24" does. I'm loading 2/4 just fine on mine right out of the box. It comes with 1 choke IC, if you want anything else it is up to you whether you get extended or not and what you get.

The M3K needs all the stuff I mentioned in my earlier post that the Beretta did better. It needs either a mid bead or rear dovetail for long slug. The checkering is a matter of preference, but after feeling the Beretta, I'd have to make changes to a M3k. The M3K does need loading port work, and once you do that, is going to need the lifter either extended or replaced with an extended one. Nothing really can be done about the safety, at least it is already pretty big on the M3K, I just like it better out in front of the trigger guard than behind it.

Pretty sure this is not the place for a classified ad, you need to have a minimum of 50 posts and then you can post an ad in the classifieds area. This being your only post don't cut it. And you need to read the forum rules to include the classifieds rules.

• 1 month later...

Other than the given extension tube, my 1301 needed loading port work to allow me to load 2 and I replaced the stock fiber optic with a champion easy hit. The gun runs flawless on Walmart federal bulk pack.

• 1 month later...