Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are the most aggressive 1911 grips?

R34PER

As the title says, what are the most aggressive 1911 grips?

I currently have the Magpul 1911 grips and I'm tempted to stipple them since they are only like $20. However, I would prefer to invest in some metal extremely aggressive grips similar the aggressiveness of 20lpi front and back strap checkering.

for 1911 you can get some VZ grips that have a very aggressive cut on them.

There is also a company (I forget the name) that makes a grip for a 1911 that is as fat as a 2011 and you can get it stippled up.

Is the silicone carbide the same as or similar to "skate tape"? If so for me, as my hands start sweating it becomes useless.

I mean I really want to have to peel my hands off the grips when I complete a stage.

I've not heard of any really aggressive metal grips but the Techwell dual-tech are pretty good they sent the aluminium one by mistake so sent the G10 as well so I have both the G10 are more aggressive in my opinion.

Is the silicone carbide the same as or similar to "skate tape"? If so for me, as my hands start sweating it becomes useless.

I mean I really want to have to peel my hands off the grips when I complete a stage.

I guess I would say similar, but 36 grit is much more aggressive. Much better grip than this pretty rough/open stippling.

MTosoXRl.jpg

The VZ operator ii are seriously grippy. I have them on two guns and on both had to actuall sand them down some to take the points off otherwise they were too sharp. Definitely get the thumb scoop model, makes getting to the mag realease easier.

I have a set of their alien too, I like them better. Very grippy but not painfully so

Red

Info for anyone that wants Larry Davidson's grips. The company www.sgmgrips.com is now making grips with Mr. Davidson's original CAD/CAM drawings and features. I think I saw him post that he now has the Horned Lizard style up. They are really grippy but no cutting. .

Edited by sheepdog

I've gone through this exercise myself, trying to find the most aggressive grips for my 1911. I finally settled on the LOK Grips Roughnecks or the VZ Diamondback. They are the same thing. But definitely the most aggressive grips I've found. And I tried a lot.

These are the LOK Grips Roughnecks on my Ford 1911 .40. Very aggressive. Identical to the VZ Diamondbacks.

20160422_180517_zpsektjpudw.jpg

20160422_180535_zpsgjgev0ix.jpg

Edited by JGus

Are there metal grips available or aluminum grips that have cuts similar to Infinity's aggressive micropockets? Does Infinity make a grip panel to mimick their steel double stack grips?

Are there metal grips available or aluminum grips that have cuts similar to Infinity's aggressive micropockets? Does Infinity make a grip panel to mimick their steel double stack grips?

don't think so but that would be awesome.