Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hit Factor changed during sync

kamikaze1a

We have been using Practiscore for only a few months and we all feel that it's a great tool. We still score on paper too but starting this month the Nook's scores is the "master".

We used to have the shooter verify and then initial the paper scores and we are now having them compare the paper scores to the Nook and then hit save if they approve.

Is that best practice? Problem is that some don't really review and basically just hit save. We later found a couple of discrepancies and since there was no way to verify which was incorrect so we used the Nook's scores. We did announce before the match that the Nook scores would be final once the shooter "saved".

Now for a weird glitch. One of the hit factors got weird after the sync. Score was 30 points with time of 6.06 for hit factor of 4.9505. The Nook displays 4.9505 but when I sync to ipad for submitting to USPSA and emailing to shooter, the ipad displays hf of 4.9497...the score and time transferred correctly, just the math is wrong.

As far as I can see the rest transferred correctly, was that just a glitch?

Email your match export files *.psc from both nook and ipad to support@practiscore.com and specify stage and shooter you found that issue with. Someone will look at that.

It seem like your Nook is stripped off any sharing options besides dropbox. Do you have an sd card inserted to Nook? If you don't have sd or can't find saved file, register a dropbox account, it is free.

Put the SD card back into the nook and use a usb cable to connect your computer to the nook. Look in the practiscore folder for a match folder. the export should be in that folder. For some reason, my nook saves exports to a practiscore folder in device memory and not the SD card. (There is a practiscore folder in device memory and the SD card!)

Later,

Chuck

Edited by ChuckS

Put the SD card back into the nook and use a usb cable to connect your computer to the nook. Look in the practiscore folder for a match folder. the export should be in that folder. For some reason, my nook saves exports to a practiscore folder in device memory and not the SD card. (There is a practiscore folder in device memory and the SD card!)

Later,

Chuck

Bingo! That worked! I had to try more than one USB cable as I could not find the Nook with the first cable. Switched to another cable and there it was. THANKS!