Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ultimate Glock 35 Limited Build

hlpressley

Has anyone ever tested two identical Glocks on the clock one with a normal slide and one with a lightened slide? I've never shot a Glock with a lightened slide, but I just can't imagine it making much of a difference. Seems like a waste of money to me, unless you really like the look or something. I'm pretty sure Vogel uses a normal 24 slide and I think Coley does as well.

Thanks for all of the replies and insight guys. I picked up the new 35 today. Took it out and shot 100 rounds of WWB 165gr FMJ just to be sure it functioned properly before we start cutting on it. WOW, this thing has some pop compared to my 147gr hand loads in my 34! Hopefully when all is said and done I can tame the recoil and muzzle flip. To be completely honest, the gun wasn't much fun to shoot in stock configuration with factory ammo.

Ordered everything we need to load .40 on the 650 today as well. What load have you guys found the 35 likes the best? Obviously soft shooting is paramount!

When you get a magwell and frame weight on there it'll take things down quite a bit. Especially once you start reloading.

My go to load for limited is a 200 grn lead coated from Tougher than Nails Bullets LLC with 3.8 grn tightgroup 1.130 oal using mixed brass form Elite Reloading and Winchester primers. I'm using factory barrel with this.

Has anyone ever tested two identical Glocks on the clock one with a normal slide and one with a lightened slide? I've never shot a Glock with a lightened slide, but I just can't imagine it making much of a difference. Seems like a waste of money to me, unless you really like the look or something. I'm pretty sure Vogel uses a normal 24 slide and I think Coley does as well.

I've shot lightened and stock G24s in both 40 and 9. I like the stock slides way better. Best way I can described the feeling of the lightened slides was harsh. The lightened slides were from Zev and had other issues also. I'm sticking with my stock slides for sure. One is 40 for limited and the other has a conversion barrel for steel and 3 gun

I shot my OEM slide and lightened zev slide back to back. Lightened slide feels like sharper recoil but the sights are back on target faster.

5.0 grains of HP38 at 1.13 OAL shooting xtreme plated 180 RNFP gets me to 168 Pf out of my gen 3 G35 with the stock barrel.

This ammo definitely feels softer out of my Lim Pro than the glock