Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Speed Beez moonclips

mcb

I see that Speed Beez is now offering moon clips on their website. (http://www.speedbeez.com/product-category/competition-revoler-supply-moon-clips/) Does anyone know if these are a new design that they are manufacturing or are they simply selling someone else moon clips? Prices seem similar to Revolver Supply on the few version I compared. From the pictures they appear to be stamped rather than EDM moonclips. Options are always good.

I bought some of these to use with all of my mixed 38spl brass. I think they work great, but if your only using Starline brass and want a tight fit, this is not for you then.

When they have that big open center they are not as sturdy as ones with the smaller round hole plus they just don't work with magnets as well. These look like my Ranch Products moon clips that you can buy for $75 per hundred. I'll use the Ranch clips at a Steel Challenge shoot since I'm not reloading on the clock, unless it's a really bad day. :-) If it's USPSA or ICORE it's going to be Hearthco's all the way.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the company's owners is a world class revolver shooter, and he performs more than adequate testing to ensure that every product they design and manufacture will perform as intended. Buy with confidence!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the company's owners is a world class revolver shooter, and he performs more than adequate testing to ensure that every product they design and manufacture will perform as intended. Buy with confidence!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious..who are you talking about?

[quote name="Carmoney" post="2614257" timestamp="1464701381

I was never thrilled about the fact that they stole Dave Skrzela'a speedloader design.

That kinda' rubbed me the wrong way, too... :(:(:(

On March 27th, 2012 Roger Davis penned a great write up on various speedloaders here. In it he mentions the Dade Reloader:

9-242x300.jpg<-Dade

Dade speedloaders keep the rounds in the loader by having a coil spring wrapped around the top portion of the loader and prevents the rounds from falling by blocking the path of the rim of the cartridge. It is equipped with a button that can push the rounds just beyond the spring and gravity takes over and the round fall into the cylinder. Other than their unavailability the other downfall is if dropped they can eject all the rounds if the top button makes contact with the ground.

To my eyes, and with the limited view we have of it, this thing looks a lot like the basic concept for the DS-10.

DS-10-> obj1313geo929pg26p17.jpg

Now I don't know how old that speedloader is but it's been 4 years since Roger wrote that. According to this website the Dade Speedloader was released in 1968. When did Dave come out with his design?

Edited by jhgtyre
New Info!

On March 27th, 2012 Roger Davis penned a great write up on various speedloaders here. In it he mentions the Dade Reloader:

9-242x300.jpg<-Dade

Dade speedloaders keep the rounds in the loader by having a coil spring wrapped around the top portion of the loader and prevents the rounds from falling by blocking the path of the rim of the cartridge. It is equipped with a button that can push the rounds just beyond the spring and gravity takes over and the round fall into the cylinder. Other than their unavailability the other downfall is if dropped they can eject all the rounds if the top button makes contact with the ground.

To my eyes, and with the limited view we have of it, this thing looks a lot like the basic concept for the DS-10.

Now I don't know how old that speedloader is but it's been 4 years since Roger wrote that. According to this website the Dade Speedloader was released in 1968. When did Dave co me out with his design?

The one you have pictured is a much later injection molded design.

The theory of operation is the same as a Dade, but there are differences in assembly, appearance and function that are unique to the high capacity rim fire designs, mainly staggered length push pins rather than push paddles and the open cavity design.

Here is a link to how my design came about in 2005: DS-10 History

9-242x300.jpg<-Dade

Now I don't know how old that speedloader is but it's been 4 years since Roger wrote that. According to this website the Dade Speedloader was released in 1968. When did Dave co me out with his design?

The one you have pictured is a much later injection molded design.

The theory of operation is the same as a Dade, but there are differences in assembly, appearance and function that are unique to the high capacity rim fire designs, mainly staggered length push pins rather than push paddles and the open cavity design.

Here is a link to how my design came about in 2005: DS-10 History

Thanks for the link to the history page. I think it is awesome when people build on or reintroduce existing designs to bring us a product that fits a niche.

I see that Speed Beez is now offering moon clips on their website. (http://www.speedbeez...ply-moon-clips/) Does anyone know if these are a new design that they are manufacturing or are they simply selling someone else moon clips? Prices seem similar to Revolver Supply on the few version I compared. From the pictures they appear to be stamped rather than EDM moonclips. Options are always good.

The moon-clip the speed beez carries are the Ranch Products. I've used the TK's and liked them and us one of the RP ones to start with. I seem to like to step on my first moon clip.