Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC optics

I also thought about the Leupold LCO or the Delta Point. Anyone ran one of those yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delta point works awesome, most anything reliable does also. For USPSA distance stuff (5-25 yards) a 6-8 MOA easy to find and works great (as does 7.5 MOA Delta Point), similar to what folks use on Open guns. I did prefer with a riser on mine on AR style guns, Leopold has an AR riser that goes between mount and optic, or you can use any rail mount riser.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Snopczynski said:

I’m running a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro in 2.5moa

i have seen a couple c-mores quite working mid stage, that turned me off them.

Good to know.  I am in the process of setting my son up with a pcc and am seeking the go to parts so I can avoid the tinkering.  Are you using the one that has the battery door and turn off switch?

4 minutes ago, StuckinMS said:

Good to know.  I am in the process of setting my son up with a pcc and am seeking the go to parts so I can avoid the tinkering.  Are you using the one that has the battery door and turn off switch?

All of the deltapoint pros have that.

3 hours ago, StuckinMS said:

Most of these post are well over a year old.  Is everyone still leaning cmore or have opinions changed now that the division is has been around and is still exploding?

I'm still only shooting PCC in Steel Challenge, but...

While I continue to run an 8moa RTS2 on rimfire rifle and pistol, I have a 6moa RTS2 on my PCC and really like that moa.  The difference between 6moa and 8moa is noticeable when compared side-by-side but aren't that far apart when viewed separately.  I'd definitely recommend the RTS2 on a game gun due to the unobtrusive window frame, glass clarity, sharpness of the dot, and easy brightness adjustability.  Having said that...

I also shoot PCC Irons and have that upper designated for my home defense gun, so I run a dot on it on all but competition days.  For that I use a Trijicon RMR RM06 on an American Defense mount so I can easilly take it on and off, and I really like the RMR a lot.  The 3.25moa dot is closer to 5.5moa in practice, and the dot is admirably sharp (only slightly less so than the RTS2) though the glass is a little more tinted than I'd prefer.  The tint is all but unnoticeable during the day time, but it becomes a bit more pronounced once the sun goes down-- in any event it's not enough to make me not recommend the dot.  I've shot it on Steel Challenge stages in practice, and while I didn't test it on the clock, it felt like I could run it as fast the RTS2 if I had to do it in a pinch.  I take it with on the days that I'm competing with the PCCO for backup purposes, and while SC is extremely speed dependent, I don't think I'd lose much if I had to go to it, at least in terms of my ability to compete against others at the local level.  If I'm shooting a Level II or III SC match, I'd definitely go with the RTS2.  All in all, I'd like to see an RM07 in real life to see how the larger dot looks.

I will say that my plan is to use the upper with the Triji when I start shooting the PCC in USPSA or multi-gun style stages.  I feel more confident that the dot will survive a hit against a barrier or getting tossed into a barrel better than the C-More, and I doubt that the Triji will lack for speed in that type of shooting environment.  

Edited by jkrispies

Great information fellas!  What about the positioning of the optic.  He will be shooting steel and uspsa with it.  For now it will be an occasional shot gun as he has got a slot for SS  nationals and will need to maintain focus on that, but I figure for an award for earning the slot the pcc would be a fun change.

11 hours ago, mitommy said:

I Had a Vortex Spitfire lying around. I put it on my PCC and love to. 

I have a Razor on my PCC right now and a Spitfire on my 3 gun rifle.  The Spitfire is a really nice optic, especially for those of us with astigmatism.  I might be going back to TacOps for 3 Gun though, and if I do the Spitfire will become my primary PCC optic, with the Razor at 45 degrees.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone around me including myself run two razors. (Minnesota so we’re biased vortex does a lot for the sports up here.) One normal and one on a forty five mount. Works great for off hand hard leans. Indoor I run a green laser too it’s a blast. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/20/2018 at 7:02 PM, Shooter212 said:

Everyone around me including myself run two razors. (Minnesota so we’re biased vortex does a lot for the sports up here.) One normal and one on a forty five mount. Works great for off hand hard leans. Indoor I run a green laser too it’s a blast. 

Apologies for reviving a dead thread, but Shooter212 I’m curious why the two dots is so popular in your area.  I’m assuming two different zero distances?  If so, what’s the zeroes you’ve settled on?  Same dot size for both, or is it a large dot for near targets and small dot for far?

On 3/20/2018 at 9:02 PM, Shooter212 said:

Since John revived the thread, does anyone have video (Youtube or otherwise) showing the offset dot used on hard offhand leans.

I put one on my PCC for a short while and must have been using it wrong.

9 minutes ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Since John revived the thread, does anyone have video (Youtube or otherwise) showing the offset dot used on hard offhand leans.

I put one on my PCC for a short while and must have been using it wrong.

So is that the purpose of the second dot?  I thought folks were running lasers for this reason...

Edited by jkrispies

54 minutes ago, jkrispies said:

Ah, that stinks!  Makes sense though.

Sun is sun. There are green lasers out there that can be seen easily beyond that. Ironically they are Chinese knock offs if I understood correctly.

I've had good luck with the CT CMR-206Green lasers. Think I had a -203Green that worked ok as well. The green lasers definitely seem easier to spot quickly in the bright sun.

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

Sun is sun. There are green lasers out there that can be seen easily beyond that. Ironically they are Chinese knock offs if I understood correctly.

I’d be interested in hearing the make if you know it to recommend, especially if they’ll hold their zero.  I have an old Laser Lyte (I think) that I’ve played with but never really fell in love with lasers.