Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aimpoint PRO here also. I run a C-More Railway on my subgun, and am about to build a PCC with C-More for my son to beat me with. :roflol:

MRO is nice if you can justify the extra $$$ (which I cannot). IMHO the TA44 is way overkill for PCC.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

I have been shooting Optics PCC in 3 gun and using a Eotech XPS 2-2 (the 2 dot model) I sighted the top dot at 40 yards and the second dot hits at 100 yrds, which is the longest PCC shot in 3 gun. The bottom of the ring is 200 yrds which I have used shooting some outlaw matches when I get thrown in a division with the practical shooters. If I was only going to shoot USPSA I think a single dot would work fine.

• 2 weeks later...

PCC shooters might want to turn to Steel rimfire rifle shooters for what they are using for optics, as it's speedy shots at similar distances. C-Mores are abound, both in Railways and RTS2, along with Aimpoint Micros in various iterations.

I'm using a 3moa SIG Romeo3 on my MPX. Worked well for Steel Challenge so far but would prefer a slightly bigger dot.

I've been using 3 and 3.5moa dots on my Steel rifle with good success but now I have an 8moa on order and an looking forward to the change. This is probably due to aging eyes more than anything else. I'm thinking I would probably go the same route with a PCC rifle, or likely split the difference with a 4-6, as long as it's sufficiently bright in desert daylight.

I put a Holosun h1/t1 clone on my PCC and like it so far. I haven't got much range time with it yet, but so far it's getting two thumbs up. Clear glass and bright dot, small and light weight. I found mine on sale for under 150$ so that was a plus as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by shooterDrew

I was thinking of running the same thing on my PCC gun as my 3gun rifle. Leupold VX6 1-6

What's the max distance a PCC gun will be shot, though? What's the maximum effective range of a 9mm rifle at all? A VX-6 is awesome, and I understand wanting to maintain standardization across platforms but that seems like a seriously expensive magnified optic for a round that's probably only good out to 100 yards. Of course, if you can afford it, go for it! :cheers:

C-More Tactical Railway 6 minute with click switch..

This works well too, and is what I have on my subgun. However, in hindsight I would go with the standard (not click) switch as the click switches have a higher failure rate as I understand it... mine did, albeit only after many years of service, and of course C-More were efficient at replacing it at reasonable cost. I put a standard switch C-More on a PCC I built for my hosemonster son, and I like it a lot.