Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite Classifier Stage?

The one I would like to see more of is CS005 One lump or two. It is deceiving from the picture. Box B is one foot farther down the range. The one shot each at close range really makes you push real hard but it can come back and bight you when you don't come under control when you get to the two hits each.

http://www.icore.org/classifiers/CS-006.pdf

I personally don't mind some of the classifiers. There are some really good technical stages available. SHO, WHO strings, changing how many rounds go on some targets (Twos and Threes CS-013), changing which targets you engage (Phoenix Triangle CS-022. Tight Squeeze CS-032 is always fun, people think that because its so close that they could easily not shoot the hardcover or the no-shoots. I think that classifiers help play a role in the development for some shooters. They force the shooter to do more, use their brain more during a stage, than they might be used to doing. Growth comes from being challenged, and I think that the classifiers bring some challenges to a match that some stage designers might not have considered in their stages. That being said, I like shooting more than just the classifiers. I like shooting some of the steel challenge stages and the Pro Am style stages as well as challenging field courses.

I don't mind a classifier or two myself, I sometimes set-up simple ones like CS-003 (Bill Drill to Third Power) to compare my general speed and gun handling. That one is simply judging how fast you can shoot 8" groups and reload your gun. I will probably run one of the higher round count ones at our next match, Phoenix Triangle looks like a good one to try.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...