Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wrong way Ghost walk through

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, wasted energy. I rehearse the best plan possible but still pay attention to other shooters, share ideas, and use something if it's better than my plan. The deceptive ones in my experience may gain a little something for a particular stage, but usually somebody in another squad has figured out the same thing. So, in the end there's no real advantage. Overall it's more of a disadvantage because other shooters may be less likely to share ideas with you.

Who wants to rehearse lines to a play that they are never going to say, and even then not know if anyone is even watching the rehearsal (and if they are watching, might think they are watching an idiot).

Wasted time and energy...not to mention it might screw up your "real" stage plan once the buzzer goes off.

Any ever do a ghost walk through of a wrong plan to throw off other competitors.

Lol. Doing that may at some point cause you to shoot it the wrong way yourself. And the better shooters probably could care less what your doing and arent watching you anyway. They have better things to do with their walk thru time.

lol, I have no where near enough self confidence (ego?) to assume that others shooters are anxiously awaiting to see my walkthrough so they can steal it!

Might work if I was Eric Grauffel?

but no, I just walk through the way I want to shoot. I may try a few variations that I ultimately end up scrapping but I'm just testing what I can/can't see at various positions and how the stage flows at that point. Not trying to throw anyone off their game.

I'd say no, but the exception would be if you have an epiphany and see a different (much much faster) way of shooting the stage no one else thought of... maybe gaming, or almost cheating its so different, Loop hole in the stage description etc. Broken stage.

Then I might not show my clever walk through until I'm on deck or in the hole, if I am way down the shooting order. But that happens once every 5 or 10 years or so. Doesn't mean I don't walk it through, but maybe do it in pieces and not put it together until time to shoot. But then again I'm not a GM, probably a reason for that. :closedeyes:

Edited by sfinney

It's way more fun to help each other than try to hurt each other. If you want to enjoy a victory over someone, show them your plan. When you beat them by executing it better isn't that what you are after anyways? And if you don't then you learned something for next time.

For me, the reason I love this sport is because we are all helpful to each other and it's about you and the clock rather than competing against each other directly. I realize we ALL aren't the best of friends, but for the most part, who wants to hang out with a bunch of enemies all weekend? I go shoot with friends.

• 2 weeks later...

i didn't do a second walk through once i found a loop in a stage. there were shooting lines at 10-20-30-40-50 yards in a 3 gun match. the description had you start far, go in front of one line but not the next. the intent was to run up, but it was written so you just had to move a foot in front of the farthest line and shoot the whole thing (wide open targets).

didn't tell anyone, didn't practice it. buzzer went off and I did it my way. totally legal, saved almost a minute off the next best score, and lead to a high placing win. I usually share ideas with squads and did share this, but other people thought it was illegal so they didn't do it.

real shooters and good shooters don't care what you do. they might not be in the same division so their plan may be totally different. don't be crappy, just shoot your best version and enjoy.

Time allocated for stage walk thru 5 mins

Wasted time spent trying to throw others off 3 mins

Time remaining to actually learn a workable plan 2 mins

Guarantee that this approach will result in poorer shooting by you .... priceless

Edited by Nimitz

I am a right handed, left eye dominant revolver shooter...... Just my being in most squads confounds/amuses some people in my squad. I tend to shoot stages like a left handed shooter (Tracking my sights to the left), and the additional reloads pretty much means that I break down stages unlike auto shooters. I even confuse lefty shooters sometimes. :goof:

I have no time to waste doing a "ghost walk through" of a stage hoping to confuse other shooters......... Most ignore what I am doing (unless our paths cross during the walkthrough, or they need to know when the revolver shooter is shooting the stage because they need to know when they can take a quick nap :yawn:).

Edited by Blueridge