Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Federal SPP Shortage

turbopower18

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The three most dreaded words in the industry are "priority government contracts". Your government is arming themselves against the right wing crazies.

we are safe from the left wing crazies?

Noooo stop buying federals and let the revolver guys get them!! :devil: Im down to 1000 federal primers and my revolver will not ignite anything but federals deep seated. Same boat here searching for federals locally with no luck.

I think the fact that they're recommended for lightened revo spings causes people to assume they're the best for everything.

• 2 weeks later...

where can I find federal Primers?!!!

Bullets.com has a ridiculous policy where they wont ship to the land of the free New Hampshire because my billing address on the credit card says MA

postal money order?

I have a box or two of federal primers because that is all that is left at my local shop.

I can't decide if the vultures are hoarding or prepping or fear fast zombies.

call and confirm details. Use mail order to your new hamshire addr.

the world of full of worry warts.

miranda

If you are shipping something to NH and it is legal to do so I dont understand the policy. I get they don't want to ship to MA because of the dumb laws in this state but Im shipping to NH not MA. Other companies will ship to MA and I get policies change from company to company but I still believe the billing address shouldnt affect where an item can ship. So I think it is ridiculous.

Edited by Shmella

What I don't understand on the Federal Primers is CCI and Federal are owned by the same company and I can get CCI primers no problem. It seems more people prefer the Federal so why not make them and not the CCI? I got lucky and got a case from Midway but they sold out FAST!

If you are shipping something to NH and it is legal to do so I dont understand the policy. I get they don't want to ship to MA because of the dumb laws in this state but Im shipping to NH not MA. Other companies will ship to MA and I get policies change from company to company but I still believe the billing address shouldnt affect where an item can ship. So I think it is ridiculous.

Because they are probably assuming you are averting the laws of Massachusetts and they don't want to be a party to it (and/or your shipping address doesn't match your billing address which is also a red flag).

What I don't understand on the Federal Primers is CCI and Federal are owned by the same company and I can get CCI primers no problem. It seems more people prefer the Federal so why not make them and not the CCI? I got lucky and got a case from Midway but they sold out FAST!

while federal and cci are owned by the same entity, they are still independent companies, and federal's primers mix is different than everybody else's. each company makes their own primers in house, and it most likely will never change.

I talked to them on the phone to try and see what I could do (ship them to an FFL) or pay by check but I think Im out of luck. Dang Federal primers even when theyre available I still cant get them.

Edited by Shmella

can you get other kinds of primers

like Win or CCi?

I know you are running a revolver and want the soft primers.

my thinking if that if you can trade one kind of primer for another in a FTF deal

then no one can claim anyone is subverting any laws.

is one to get what you want.

miranda

eta, you may want to change your location to fitchburg NH...

Edited by Miranda

Ive tried trading or posting WTB locally no body wants to give up any precious feds. And to be clear there isn't anything illegal I'm trying to do lol. Ive had powder shipped to MA before. If you're licensed its perfectly legal MA. In NH anyone with an ID over 18 can buy primers, bullets or whatever.

I just order them from Cabelas when they're on sale and they usually have free shipping if you have their credit card. I just don't let my stash get low enough that I have to worry about a month or two of backorder waiting. Cabelas is very reasonable on the hazmat so if you get a few guys together to split that the price ends up being pretty good.

I have been seeing Gold Match cheaper than std 100's,,...... :closedeyes:

What's the difference between Federal's standard SPP and their Match SPP?

I've heard that it's some kind of quality control issue...

More experienced help manning the machines.

If you think $40 for 1k of primers is expensive now, just wait. You'll feel silly for being penny wise and pound foolish in a year.

Plenty of other hobbies to pick up that don't require primers.

strange to be in complete agreement and seriously unhappy you said it, rowdyb.

Ah well, we can only get what there is cash to get...

Hi Shemella,

I am willing to make such a trade... the distance from b-more to new hampster (my brother he lives near there and calls the place that...)

is a bit much for that deal to be reasonable.

I am planning to travel by car up to Maine somewhat later this summer...

perhaps we might be able to arrange a meet and swap.

we can pm and e-mail those details.

miranda

Edited by Miranda

I have yet to have a regular federal primer not go bang. If their the same price or cheaper go for it but otherwise I wouldn't waste the money.

Same for me...

I'm just curious why Federal makes a match grade small pistol primer...

I have yet to have a regular federal primer not go bang. If their the same price or cheaper go for it but otherwise I wouldn't waste the money.

Same for me...

I'm just curious why Federal makes a match grade small pistol primer...

bragging rights?