Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

QUAD Load Vest HELP

I believe I am in search of a quad load vest that would be more like a molle or chest rig. Really looking for something that has more than just one single belt or band that goes around the torso. My tactical ledge is steering me to go the vest route and stay off the belt.

Is it possible somehow to attach quad loaders to something that would be molle compatible and then just wear a chest rig of my liking? Not sure how stiff or rigid the vest needs to be to support tearing the shells out.

NEW to the quad load thing and currently own nothing. Trying to get it right the first time out of the gate this time!

I believe I am in search of a quad load vest that would be more like a molle or chest rig. Really looking for something that has more than just one single belt or band that goes around the torso. My tactical ledge is steering me to go the vest route and stay off the belt.

Is it possible somehow to attach quad loaders to something that would be molle compatible and then just wear a chest rig of my liking? Not sure how stiff or rigid the vest needs to be to support tearing the shells out.

NEW to the quad load thing and currently own nothing. Trying to get it right the first time out of the gate this time!

Maybe a plate like this?

shot_160510_131419.png

shot_160510_131405.png

I'm real new to this too. I have Invictus Practical quad load attachments on. ELS for my belt. Love them by the way. I picked up a used chest rig on a descent deal. While it holds a lot of rounds, I find a chest rig cumbersome and it restricts movement. I haven't decided to get rid of it yet, but I'm thinking it's not going to work for me. Chest rigs are expensive, even with a deal, so I strongly recommend you find someone with one and try before you buy. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an Invictus Practical DeTurk lite vest. I really like the shell holders but the single band around my chest to hold everything in place left something to be desired. I have a 5.11 chest rig for AR and pistol mags. I don't use it for 3-gun but the ability to stuff a mag or two in it for stages starting in cars, etc will be nice. It has molle on the front and I used two ALICE clips to clip the band of the Invictus Rig to the chest rig. Instantly much more stable.

No more slipping down or twisting. There is a good chance I will tuck a pistol mag or two in there at some point.

I haven't tried using any brand of quad loaders from a belt, but from ROing quite a few competitors it seemed to me that I saw a lot of shells lost while going prone, and that the vertical dimensions of such shell caddies were problematic for some kneeling rifle positions.

I used to be firmly in the camp of 'everything on my belt' for 3-gun but some range time has me really liking getting the shotgun shells off the belt. It also removes a ton of weight from the belt on big shotgun stages.

I still have my AP customs 4x4s for marathon shotgun stages and as a way to segregate my slugs.

Edited by Vespid_Wasp

I have two Taccom 8 round caddies on my belt, but recently bought a Chameleon Fabrics 24 round carrier. Yes, it is for twin loading, but super comfortable. I can put it on, then when I go prone I can twist it around to my back and not lose shells. Or start that way if I think they will be in the way.

Took a look at the Carbon Arms vest and while I like the actual vest body with shoulder straps it appears its only a twin load system.

Nope, Twins and Quads from the same rig. People have been loading Quads from our rigs before any of the others. Can all run the SSXLs on it.

I will second the Carbon Arms-I started with dueces and then quickly to quads, easy to switch back and forth with loading styles and from weak to strong hand loading as needed, fit is very "customizable" and there are two pockets that I will also use for AR mags as well.

• 1 year later...
On 5/13/2016 at 7:28 AM, MarkCO said:

The SSXL clips are 3/8th inch taller than the original SSLs. Helps people with larger hands get a better grab for Quads.

Hi Mark,

I see you have the SSL Chest Rig on special right now for $170. Any chance those can be rigged with SSXL clips every other row?

Thanks!

On 9/3/2017 at 8:30 PM, FortesInFide said:

Hi Mark,

I see you have the SSL Chest Rig on special right now for $170. Any chance those can be rigged with SSXL clips every other row?

Thanks!

Yes, that can be done.  Send Rebecca a message off the webpage.