Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

quick virginia count question

waktasz

Yes, but that's a stats rule, not one you use on the stage. The important part of this thread is to make the correct calls on the range.

......because we know some folks can't add...... :devil:

Ken Nelson has eliminated the need!

It's a 100 point stage. 7,10, or 11, the score would probably be zero either way.

Needs to be scored properly even if it's a stage Zero.

The point is, it has to be scored on the range. There is not enough time to post it on the internet and get other peoples opinion. There are a few different ways the call can be made, as shown by this thread. If you can back up your call, it doesn't matter if it is 7, 10, or 11, still zero for the stage. If I were the RO on the stage, I would confer with the other RO's, make the call, then move on to the next shooter.

I wasn't the RO..a friend was there ROing for the day, but I was assigned as CRO for the squad having just passed my CRO exam last week (thanks George!)

The original spur of the moment call was 7, but it was amended after discussing it with the RO to be 11. I'm happy that it was confirmed as correct.

It's a 100 point stage. 7,10, or 11, the score would probably be zero either way.

Needs to be scored properly even if it's a stage Zero.

The point is, it has to be scored on the range. There is not enough time to post it on the internet and get other peoples opinion. There are a few different ways the call can be made, as shown by this thread. If you can back up your call, it doesn't matter if it is 7, 10, or 11, still zero for the stage. If I were the RO on the stage, I would confer with the other RO's, make the call, then move on to the next shooter.

There isn't a few different ways the call can be made, there us only one proper way the call can be made, follow the rule book.

Consult the RM and look up the rules if you aren't sure.

There isn't a few different ways the call can be made, there us only one proper way the call can be made, follow the rule book.

in my experience, which includes working with some of the most experienced range masters at big matches, there is often more than 1 way a particular call could be interpreted, and often 2 different RM's will come up with a different call on their own. That's why as an RO or CRO, I ask the RM if I'm unsure, so that we are consistent.

The rulebook is very good, but it definitely has gaps in unusual situations.

in my experience, which includes working with some of the most experienced range masters at big matches, there is often more than 1 way a particular call could be interpreted, and often 2 different RM's will come up with a different call on their own. That's why as an RO or CRO, I ask the RM if I'm unsure, so that we are consistent.

The rulebook is very good, but it definitely has gaps in unusual situations.

True. The rule book can't cover every possible scenario. Also, the ROs have to figure out what they have in "real time", with situations in which the ruling isn't immediately obvious. Heck, look at all the haggling we do here on Enos about what's the right call. I think that in the end we usually come up with the best solution, but look how long it can take to get there.

So yes, start with the rules, take your time, be thoughtful, and consult as needed.

Sounds way too hard. In this case if I had to add numbers of penalties that exceed my number of fingers I would gently bump the shooter then order re-shoot for RO interference.

That is in unless I have sandals on and can see my toes which changes things dramatically....

Tough one. :)

Sounds way too hard. In this case if I had to add numbers of penalties that exceed my number of fingers I would gently bump the shooter then order re-shoot for RO interference.

That is in unless I have sandals on and can see my toes which changes things dramatically....

Tough one. :)

Since I wear socks with my sandals... <insert bad joke #1> ... <insert bad joke #2> ...

<at least two more jokes about counting to 11>

<gender identity drift>

/thread