Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not Long Now!

I think the highest shooter number is 213 ?, is that less shooters than last year? I think there were over 300 but some shot two guns?

I always stay for the awards night on Saturday so the format change doesn't matter to me.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we are supposed to turn up and watch the shoot off (Championship Round) being filmed for TV and NRA web sites on Friday. Sorry; looks like no shooting on Friday according to the Program the Championship Round is scheduled for 8.30am Saturday. BUT it could all change by then :ph34r:

Edited by goldfieldshooter

All the open high masters finish on plates?

I see at least 2 people who are on there and never registered.

Definitely odd squadding. Maybe its just a preliminary that wasnt supposed to be found.

From talking to Damien, shooting was supposed to be done early friday to have time to figure all the shoot off squadding and let people choose what award they were shooting for if that was the case. He also said people would still shoot 2 events on 1 day. So that leaves tuesday or friday to not shoot. Maybe they didnt have enough sign up to need to shoot on friday?

Talked to Damian this morning about the issues with squading. Friday is for international teams to shoot?? those who are on list but not signed up are in top 20 last year and get squaded. If they don't show up they are dropped. He fixed the 2 (?) persons who had 4 practicals listed.

Said he would talk to IT guy.

Talked to Damian this morning about the issues with squading. Friday is for international teams to shoot?? those who are on list but not signed up are in top 20 last year and get squaded. If they don't show up they are dropped. He fixed the 2 (?) persons who had 4 practicals listed.

Said he would talk to IT guy.

So potentially 3 matches for the team participants? (If you make the championship round?)

They need to update the program with more information, people need to plan for ammo if that is really the case.

From Damien -

Friday will NOT be the International match. The International Match is as it is before and consists of the aggregate of the 4 team members first Match X scores.

Friday will be the tie breaker shoot off matches, AND a new "Team" format match, only shooters who are NOT shooting on Saturday are eligible for the team match. Only room for 16 teams of 4 shooters. Register at registration (if you happen to make the Championship round, you can find a replacement or possibly arrange a refund).

Team members must consist of the below:

1 - Open Shooter

1 - Metallic Shooter

1 - Production Shooter

1 - Can be any of the above.

This is all via conversation and subject to change or my misinterpretation. He hopes to have something more official out before next Tuesday when he heads to Columbia.

I also suggested that he ask Mr. Potterfield if Midway would be open to hosting some tours on Friday. Shorter drive than Sierra bullets.

Edited by DWFAN

I must have misunderstood him when he said what friday was for. My Bad sorry for the confusion.

dca

No big deal. Just wanted to clarify. I wouldnt have brought enough ammo for 3 matches and practice.

So I guess...any decent Open shooters who need a decent Metallic shooter for friday if we don't make it to the Championship? I'm a pretty solid 1800-something Metallic guy, not brilliant, but okay. :ph34r:

This is the first time Ive been on the forum for over 6 years.

The new format doesnt concern me, but I do worry that new shooters and shooters out of the top 16 have a loooonnnngggg wait to the presentation dinner. Also, they are giving up a whole week as they shoot midweek.

A better format would be have everybody shooting over the weekend and the top 16 shooting off on the Sunday or Monday

This is the first time Ive been on the forum for over 6 years.

The new format doesnt concern me, but I do worry that new shooters and shooters out of the top 16 have a loooonnnngggg wait to the presentation dinner. Also, they are giving up a whole week as they shoot midweek.

A better format would be have everybody shooting over the weekend and the top 16 shooting off on the Sunday or Monday

I wonder if that was the motivation for the Friday team shoot. Sometimes it's nice to shoot a side-match that is just for fun.

I was really bummed about the changes at Bianchi, but I'm starting to embrace some of them. It'll be fun either way.

Kevin, I meant that the ratio of total shooters to the top 36. What it is 36/200? I was not implying that anyone got a free entry. ( outside of ones given to sponsors of a certain level).

From NRA:

Special Fired Four-Person Team MatchIn addition to the regular paper team matches, there will be a Fired Team Match on Friday, May 27 starting at 8:30am. Teams are based on a four-person team only. There are 16 team slots available, first come first served. Teams will not be categorized or classified. International and domestic teams are welcome. This is a fun side match during the Bianchi Cup.Colt Championship Final competitors are not eligible to compete in the Fired Team Match.Team members will fire the same event simultaneously, except the Mover, where the team members will be assigned to one of the three mover ranges.The Fired Team Match consists of Bianchi Cup Events 1-4.Team composition will be based on the following format:

1 - Production Competitor

1 - Metallic Competitor

1 - Open Competitor

1 - A competitor using the firearm of your choice

Competitors may use a different category firearm than they used in the Championship.Entry Fee: $200 per teamAwards - Only 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams will potentially win awards. Awards will be distributed at one award per five (5) teams. No more than 3 team awards will be given.The highest team aggregate score wins.Team registration is first come, first served basis until 16 teams are selected. Registration closes at 10am on Tuesday, May 24. The team name and fees are due at registration, but the final team member selection must be completed by 8am on Friday, May 27. This will allow teams to adjust team members after the shooters are selected for the Colt Championship Final.The new match format has allowed time for this match as we shoot off tie breakers from match X and select final shooters for the Colt Championship Event.In the event of rain delays or significant increase in late entries for Match X, this match could be cancelled. If it is canceled, full team entries will be refunded. No team cancellation refunds will be given.

Edited by DWFAN