Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not Long Now!

Although the Bianchi Cup is only a couple of weeks away the silence on this forum has been deafening. Is everyone still in shock over the format change? Or maybe nobody is going this year.

Well I am definitely going to be there; so if you are going, I will see you around the ranges :D

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Coatsey.

I will definitely be there along with my beautiful fiancee. I could take or leave the format change. It's a start, but it needs more.

It's mostly about seeing old friends and qualifying for the teams to go down to your neck of the woods.

When will you be arriving? Richard? Going to Michigan?

I'm excited, but thought the same thing about the forum being extra quiet. I've been trying to practice nearly every day, really hoping to squeak into the final 4 for Metallic. I sure wish I knew the schedule/squadding so I know what I do and don't have time to practice for at the Cup (I.E.-Mover being first day, etc). Either way, it'll be an exciting year and I'm curious to see who turns out. Personal goals are to shoot 1880+, have no stupid malfunctions, and clean at least 2 events.

I don't like the changes, I think it's a bad idea. I am quiet because I want to reserve judgement until afterwards to see how it goes. We will be there no matter what, but some of the newer people may not come back. No one can predict the future, so we will see when it's the past.

We are looking forward to seeing all our friends from near and far. We are hoping to go to the World Cup (I know that will be a good one), but funding is looking a wee bit short at this time.

Kevin

Richard is flying in on Friday (13th) :devil: Allen and I will be the following Monday 16th. Not doing Michigan as we are building the NZ Embassy at Grants. I think Lofty and Joe are going up though.

Kyle

Keep your goals simple; keeps your head in the right space. Will be good to meet you.

Greg

I never thought I would see the day that you would shoot 'Open'. Next thing you will be telling me is that it is a "bottom stuffer" not a wheel gun.

Warren

No doubt I will catch up with you and Tracy around the ranges.

Jimmy

I am sorry that we won't catch up in Columbia but you can buy me that beer you owe me from 2002 when you come to NZ. :eatdrink:

Kevin

Richard is flying in on Friday (13th) :devil: Allen and I will be the following Monday 16th. Not doing Michigan as we are building the NZ Embassy at Grants. I think Lofty and Joe are going up though.

Kyle

Keep your goals simple; keeps your head in the right space. Will be good to meet you.

Greg

I never thought I would see the day that you would shoot 'Open'. Next thing you will be telling me is that it is a "bottom stuffer" not a wheel gun.

Warren

No doubt I will catch up with you and Tracy around the ranges.

Jimmy

I am sorry that we won't catch up in Columbia but you can buy me that beer you owe me from 2002 when you come to NZ. :eatdrink:

Is Team Kiwi doing Flagler ?

You guys are talking Bianchi squadding, not Flagler, right?

I guess Bianchi squadding is at check-in. You should've gotten an email from Damien about general stuff titled "2016 Bianchi Cup", which I took as confirmation.

I'll be at Bianchi.

For Flagler, I'm either working and not shooting, or shooting and not working. Still negotiating with Ron. :goof:

At Crawfish Damien mentioned trying to get squadding out before registration.. but we'll see.

Edited by DWFAN

Anybody know the payout schedule this year? I'm certain they won't continue with the Top 50 Production again, but otherwise I have no clue. The 2016 handbook seems vague at best, hinting in one portion that the top 36 compete for additional cash, and in another part it hints that only the top 36 get paid. Seems confusing. Still bitter that over half the field isn't in Open, yet 28/36 finalists will be by default. Should be top 8 in Metallic and Prod...

Not to be a total downer but does the squadding seem a little ridiculous considering they increased the match length but everyone shoots only 3 days? I feel like im forking out extra hotel for the "priviledge" of sitting around doing nothing. Im not going to qualify top 4, obviously most shooters wont, so what is their logic behind this? Also noticing there are a lot of big names missing and not as many people registered vs last year. They dont seem to be doing much to encourage the "average" shooter. Costs more, less prize pool for the non elite folks. Not trying to start anti NRA sentiment because that has been beat to death already.