Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 Shadow SA extended safety

fastlane604

Does anyone make a CZ Custom type extended ambidextrous safety (the one with the big paddle) for the CZ 75 Shadow SA tumbler type safety? I installed the big CZ Custom safety on my SP-01 and really like it. The extended safety on my 75 Shadow is serviceable, but I do not disengage it on the draw nearly as well as the big CZ Custom safety.

The CZ Custom safety is the "D" style. I know that I can swap out the tumbler style sear cage on my 75 Shadow for the "D" style to accommodate the CZ Custom safety but I'd rather not spend the money if there is another way. And while we are on the subject of sear cages, why does CZ make two different types?

Thanks,

Lane

I think I'm going to get the extended version. I have big hands but the but unless I have a perfect grip on the gun it's hard to reach the lever.

Sent from my bunker in the desert using Tapatalk

Look at the hole in the right side safety. Is the end of the shaft that is in the hole shaped like a D? If so, it is the D style. If not, it is the tumbler style. The CZ Custom large extended safety works on the D style shaft.

Look at the hole in the right side safety. Is the end of the shaft that is in the hole shaped like a D? If so, it is the D style. If not, it is the tumbler style. The CZ Custom large extended safety works on the D style shaft.

I don't have the D style. So it takes a bunch of parts to switch it over huh?

• 3 weeks later...

You will need a D Style Sear Cage ($70) and a D Style Left and right side safety. Don't forget to fit the sear or get a CGW adjustable sear to ensure that the safety until it functions properly.

You will also need to get the non spring loaded right hand detent for the SP01's and Shadows.

Edited by himurax13