Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drop in trigger for PSA AR9?

aandabooks

I use CCIs and haven't had any problems in mine. Pistol primers are typically a good bit softer so you should be fine. If you have issues w reset (appears to be limited to certain triggers) a non-ramped bolt will fix it.

• 4 weeks later...

I now have the Timney in the AR9 and the Velocity in my AR15. Velocity ran full-auto a couple times and was blowing out the sides of cases. Swapped in my Timney and everything is fine for over 300 rounds.

• 2 months later...

I just built an AR9 using a New Frontier Armory lower, and side charging upper.  I put in a mil-spec trigger that a friend of mine had lightened the pull on.  I have a New Frontier one piece bolt.  The trigger disconnect doesn't seem to engage when I rack the bolt back, and keep the trigger depressed.  If I release the trigger and rack the bolt, it will engage the hammer and be ready to fire.  Can anyone tell me what to do?  I have heard that some of the one piece triggers have some problems with this gun.  Can any one suggest one to use?

My Timney is running well through 2k.  One of the big companies just came out with a trigger specifically for the AR9 platform.  Velocity makes a really nice trigger but not for AR9s.

If you're not getting trigger reset you're probably going to run full auto intermitantly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2016 at 10:52 PM, aandabooks said:

My Timney is running well through 2k.  One of the big companies just came out with a trigger specifically for the AR9 platform.  Velocity makes a really nice trigger but not for AR9s.

If you're not getting trigger reset you're probably going to run full auto intermitantly.

Which big company are you referring to?

On 9/14/2016 at 5:20 PM, aandabooks said:

I think it was Geiselle that came out with a trigger specifically for the AR9.

Have a link? I don't see anything on their site about it. I have a G2S that works fine in my AR9 and a friend has an SSA that also works in his. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Kaw Valley has this note posted with their bolt carriers for PCC:

Many after market drop in triggers use modified hammers and can be temperamental in Blowback systems. For the most consistent results a mil-spec fire control group is recommended. However, in our testing, these aftermarket fire control groups should work in most circumstances: POF, Hiperfire EDT and 24 series, Geissele, Timney, Rock River, and Spikes.

I've had good experiences with the POF triggers and is what I have been using mostly (about 2.5k rounds now).    I tried a Timney 3 pound trigger for a few hundred rounds and it worked fine, too.  The hyperfire 24c seems to be popular with the PCC'ers here on the forums and at matches, and is the most common after market trigger I've seen in PCC guns at matches. 

POF (what I use), Hiperfire and Rise are the only ones I have not yet seen have a problem, and I look at all of them i can.

I have seen issues with the CMCs and AR-Golds (which are two I like and recommend for .223 ARs) that take them out of consideration for me in PCC.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2017 at 7:51 AM, Bamboo said:

Kaw Valley has this note posted with their bolt carriers for PCC:

Many after market drop in triggers use modified hammers and can be temperamental in Blowback systems. For the most consistent results a mil-spec fire control group is recommended. However, in our testing, these aftermarket fire control groups should work in most circumstances: POF, Hiperfire EDT and 24 series, Geissele, Timney, Rock River, and Spikes.

I've had good experiences with the POF triggers and is what I have been using mostly (about 2.5k rounds now).    I tried a Timney 3 pound trigger for a few hundred rounds and it worked fine, too.  The hyperfire 24c seems to be popular with the PCC'ers here on the forums and at matches, and is the most common after market trigger I've seen in PCC guns at matches. 

I have been running the Hyperfire EDT with the light springs. About 4#. Very crisp, no creep, good reset, less than $100. Not a drop in, but reasonable.

gerritm