Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How will USPSA adapt to changing gender issues?

wtturn

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If some male GM wants to undergo an operation (or three) to

beat Graufels, sounds little bizarre to me, but, what the hell. :cheers:

You haven't been paying attention. No need to undergo any operations, just say you self-identify as a female and run against the women.

I doubt we'll have this issue in the shooting sports, at least in my area.

Look at Appendix A2 item 3a. It appears that the issue has already been addressed.

​Yeah.. right now they do it by gov ID.

​Personally I would make it so only people born as women could sign up as females, but then again it only directly effects about 4 people in USPSA.

Look at Appendix A2 item 3a. It appears that the issue has already been addressed.

​Personally I would make it so only people born as women could sign up as females, but then again it only directly effects about 4 people in USPSA.

That's funny!

If some male GM wants to undergo an operation (or three) to

beat Graufels, sounds little bizarre to me, but, what the hell. :cheers:

How does changing categories help him beat EG? There's no handicapping system I'm not aware of is there?

That's funny!

​It isn't a joke. They had this discussion in MMA fighting awhile back when a dude that transitioned to a woman (but retained the male bone structure) pounded the snot out of actual women.

That's funny!

​It isn't a joke. They had this discussion in MMA fighting awhile back when a dude that transitioned to a woman (but retained the male bone structure) pounded the snot out of actual women.

Kinda, some women actually have destroyed that dude/woman now.

They want everything gender neutral so why not delete the lady category all together? Women shoot just as well as men so strap on your pee shooter and duke it out like lady men.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Well that settles that.

I don't know that it settles anything. I have never had a government issued ID that had a gender on it. All of mine mention sex, which is not the same thing as gender at all.

Well that settles that.

I don't know that it settles anything. I have never had a government issued ID that had a gender on it. All of mine mention sex, which is not the same thing as gender at all.

This ambiguity is what I'm talking about. The leadership needs to be forward thinking on this issue.

Well that settles that.

Actually, it does settle it.

What does your gov Id say ? M or F ?

When some government decides to put a 3rd designation and a USPSA/IPSC shooter chooses that 3rd designation, I guess its an issue. Until then .........

They should adapt to this gender crisis by eliminating it. If you need to have divisions or separate awards make them sex based not gender.

Exactly. The whole thing about this issue is that proponents of this idea state that gender is a "social" construct. Sex on the other hand is biologically based (ie, it's hard to get around hard science when it comes to mating compatibility).

As such it's easiest if we don't even get into the gender argument and just say that the awards are based on sex and not gender. End of story.

Next thing ya know we'll be arguing with the "you're only as old as you feel" crowd. I've got arthritis already in my 30's - can I identify and compete as a Super Senior? :roflol:

Well that settles that.

Really? English is my second language, but Merriam Webster for one suggests they're synonyms of each other, i.e. roughly equivalent......