Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Old style SVI 40s&w magazines

kk4364

So I picked up an old SVI Infinity Swat pistol in 40s&w, I ordered new SVI red followers, and purchased Dawson +1 pads, my question is what springs should I use for maximum capacity, and reliability? What I have in them now are what looks like stock black followers and pads, they function fine but the springs seem kind of weak. On Infinity's website they list 10 coil or 13 coil, I'm going to be using this gun for USPSA limited major. Thanks in advance Kevin

If you get the SVI springs they are already clut to fit their followers. Other springs will need to be fit.

Also if you get the 13 coil you can always cut a couple coils off. 11 or 12 coils seem to give the best reliability.

Hello: Get some ISMI springs and cut them to fit. They will last a very long time, like years. I have a set in some SVI tubes that are over 5 years old and they still work fine. I am using the old followers as well. Some are red and some are black. Thanks, Eric

I run bolins or tti followers and 11 coil springs with 4mm tti on my 5 old svi mags , they hold 21 reloadable. They fit the gauge. I tried 10 coil svi springs red metal or plastic followers and dawson plus one or snl base pads and could not get more than 20 rounds in them plus they were not reloadable in my gun.

I had one of the SWAT set ups as well. I used the SVI red followers and their 13 coil springs. They'll hold 19 reloadable. Use them a bit and then cut them a coil at the time until you get them to hold 20 rounds. I did not like their 10 coil springs. I also had to tune the mags to get them to drop free.There is information out there on feed lip and mag tube dimensions. After that thy were 100% in both the SWAT gun and a new SV build. Good luck.

Thanks for the info guys much appreciated , all 6 run great now just trying to bump up capacity. I will report as soon as i get the chance to experiment. Thanks Kevin

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Hello: For capacity get some TTI springs and followers and some Dawson "SNL" base pads but check the gauge for fitment. The Grams 4mm base pad will do the same. I like base pads that come off easily and quickly without damaging the spring. That should give you 21 rounds. Thanks, Eric

0eeda60c4edc3b36212fdf300eeef2d7.jpg/.....

So far with svi red followers 10 coil springs and dawson +1's I can get 20 in and its tight, probably 19 reloadable, with the stock pads and red svi followers I can load 19 really tight . I will play some more when I get the chance thanks for all of the input. Thanks Kevin

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

is the red follower the "standard" or "competition" version offered by svi? Is the difference between the two the lock back feature removed from the competition style?