Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP 260 load recomendations

Started working on loads for the 260, and am looking for recommendations to cut down on time and cost........some people like reloading and working up loads, me, not so much :roflol:

I have a ton of 123gr bullets, Sierra, Lapua but should I be looking at 140s also?

Most people shoot the 123s out of gas guns so that they have more room for powder. Most bolt gun shooters are shooting the larger bullets. H4350 is the go to powder, but it must be made out of unicorn horns, as it is hard to find right now. I just went to some 4451 for my Creedmoor and was surprised at how good it shot so there is an option. Get over on snipers hide in the reloading section of the forums. More loads than you can shake a stick at.

Rigger JJ, I'm getting 2825 out of my 6.5 creed with h4350. I ran the 4451 up until my chrono speed matched, and stopped there as I was in a hurry, and had to go to work. I stopped at 42.5 gr of 4451. I did not have any pressure signs yet. The primers were very slightly flattened, but they were soft cci's and were no more flattened than the lower loadings. This my not be the most accurate load, or a good ocw load, but I messed up by thinking that I had more 4350 and I didn't. I had three matches in three weeks, so I had to do something fast. Initial testing of the 4451 is very promising, with some very good groups, so future testing is in order. This is out of a 26" Kreiger with 140 Hornady bthpm seated at the lands.

For the guys with gas guns, you have to load those things to mag length, so the longer bullets will be back into the case, taking up room for powder. JP will tell you to run the 123s, or a small bullet so you can cram more go go juice in there. Trust me on that, as they helped me work out some kinks on my gas gun. By the way it was NOT a JP gun, and they still helped me. Incredible people over there at JP.

Edited by shooter steve