Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new 1050 high primers

New 1050 out of the box today setup for 40. I am using CCI primers and they are not seating as far as I would like. I read the manual...googled....looked on youtube. It is late and I am tired but I can not find what you adjust to set the primer seating depth....

There is an allen screw head between the 1st and 2nd station. Turn clockwise, test, repeat.

Agree. Tightening that screw applies longer force to the rocker below the tool head which in turn applies further upward force on the primer "seater."

Another note to add is if you are making any adjustments, such as with the primer seating depth. Double check your shell plate to ensure its locked down with minimal play and have dummy rounds in all stations when making adjustments.

Yeah I also got my 1050 in 223 a week ago and also had problems with high primers I adjusted the push rod #12819 clock wise and the problem seems to of disappear. Have tried WSR, BR4, CCI400 and no problem with any of those.

I adjusted the rod...ended up a little more then 1/4 turn and also snugged the shell plate a little. Mine seems good now as well

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Edited by CrashDodson

I know about that adjustment, but could someone explain exactly how it is working? I have taken that sub-assembly apart a few times, and there the cylinder part 12995 seems to be in direct contact with the rocker 13056, that in turns pushes the rod 13307 up. So I am curious about how the adjustment screw interacts with those parts?

I can see how it can change the plunger's initial position, but it seems to me the final position of 13307 is determined by the stroke and the fixed parts.

Cylinder part 12995 is what contacts the top end of the rocker arm. In the toolhead is an adjustable bolt, #12819, that applies downward force from the toolhead to the cylinder. By adjusting this bolt up or down in minute increments, (1/4 - 1/2 turn) you can control how deep primers are seated into the case.

• 2 months later...

By any chance are you using the bearing upgrade between the shellplate and lock ring? If you do, the top of the toolhead will touch the hold down screws and won't go all the way down by as much as an 1/8 inch. This will affect the primer seating depth. Either shave down the shellplate hold down screws or increase the seating depth by quite a bit.