Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Barricade.. eyes level with the target

Deaf Smith

I and my shooting buddy while practicing found (or should I say tripped over) the tactic at barricades of first spotting the target, then when moving behind the barricade, keeping our eyes level with where the target, in fact the 'a' zone, will be when we lean out to shoot. This seems to help get first round 'A' hits strait out of the box.

Do any of you have a better method?

Deaf

Something else you can do (since I have trouble with exactly visualizing the location of invisible targets) is pick a knothole or burn mark or whatever on the barricade during your walk-through, and 'index' the first target off that.   As in 'coming into this port, see that paint splat, and the target comes into view just below it..'

Yeah I did that on the stop and rob (shopping carts) stage at Area 2. The middle array was the key to the stage and I wanted to come in to the left target. I picked out a soup can on the shelf and indexed off of it as I ran from the left. My first shot's comp blast blew the soup can off the shelf. Lucky I didn't need it again.

• 3 months later...

"You can only shoot as fast as you see" is the classic quote, but, it leaves out the need to see exactly what you want to hit. Look where you want the bullet to go. On a barricade or with a shooting port, try to visualize where the target is before you get there, preferably angling your head to face the target.