Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 slow feeding

Originally, I thought it was sluggish slide movement. However, recently while doing some weak hand shooting, I noticed it was really the feeding that was delayed/slowed. Sometimes, especially with weak hand not griping as hard, the slide would take a sec or more to fully go back into battery. When that happens, there is a clear delay right before the next round gets into the chamber, as if something is blocking it, then it would overcome the blockage and feed.

What might be the cause? I have polished pretty much everything except the extractor. Could that be the culprit? If the extractor needs polishing, where should I polish it? Maybe it's due to the magazine? This is happening with both like new K9 and MecGar mags though.

Just to add that I have tried 8#, 9# and 10# wolff recoil springs with the same result.

Edited by MilkMyDuds

What bullet profile? Berrys feeds perfect. Other profiles can get sluggish when the gun gets dirty.

Bayou FP 147. I suspect this may also be a reason. It does happen more often after 6,700 rounds without cleaning.

Just found something revieling about some mecgar mags. They don't fit well in my gun. I had a ft chamber...then another day i had a stove pipe. I can feel the slide getting caught. ..slowing it down. Stick with tanfo mags.