DVC 9mm Major Load data

Cpimike

trying to find what is working the best for the new gun. Current load is:

6.8gr CFE Pistol

124gr Montana gold JHP

1.150 COAL

1390~ crono

stock recoil spring (iirc 10lbs)

still feels a little too snappy, like it is not working the comp enough to stay flat.

Please only respond with what you are loading for the 9mm Major in the DVC Open.

Thank you,

post-34702-0-75625100-1462204148_thumb.j

• 3 months later...

I run 124/5 Mg/HAP/PD Hollow points with Auto Comp

and 115gr same as above with HS-6

Seems like the guns just flatten out at about 173-175PF

168-9 is quieter and politer in the hand but the dot bounce is irregular. at 175 it's seems like it never leaves the window. Just a straight up bounce and right back to the middle of the target.  On the timer I'm 017-018 splits with 175PF and 018-020 at 168PF so I shoot the 175 PF stuff, cause the clock don't lie, LOL! Time is with A zone only hits.

Lots of guys are faster than I am so your results my vary, only an A class shooter.

4 hours ago, Feegee Dean Matlock said:

I have not pushed it to 175 yet but will do it this week for sure. What grain bullet, and amount of powder?

175 really isn't pushing it much. My guns also run much better at around 174-175. Flatter and faster splits just like others mentioned.

I don't have a DVC but it's just a full size 2011 like so many others. First thing I would do is respring it to 8 pounds as that's where most custom guns are sprung. That will have a major impact on the amount of dot movement alone.