Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stove pipes Stock 2

CAB33

10lb recoils spring, 131 power factor.

I shoot a 10# in my 40 cal s2 running 165-168 pf and an 8# in the 9mm minor gun.

I'm just going with what the Stoeger shop said works.

10lb recoils spring, 131 power factor.

I shoot a 10# in my 40 cal s2 running 165-168 pf and an 8# in the 9mm minor gun.

I'm just going with what the Stoeger shop said works.

From Henning's site on springs for the tanfoglio

Wolff Gunsprings is the absolute leader in recoil springs and my first choice when upgrading EAA Witness / Tanfoglios. Recommendations are for long slides and are labeled accordingly, with a bonus firing pin spring inside. Recoil springs are compatible with standard slides: using a long slide recoil spring in a standard slide adds 2lbs pressure. (If you have a Steel/Poly Compact model, these recoil springs will not fit. Wolff does not yet have a recoil spring for the compact.)

For 9mm we suggest 6lb or 8lb recoil spring. (lighter than factory; makes for faster target acquisition)

For 40 S&W we suggest 10lb or 12lb recoil spring

For 45 ACP we suggest 12lb, 14lb or 16lb recoil spring

For 10mm we suggest 16lb, 18lb or 20lb recoil spring

Make sure it is a 9mm extractor

That is what I am going to try now... I've cleaned it a few times.

Now I am replacing it, the one that I just took out of it did not have any markings on it.

The new one I am putting in is stamped 9.

I had a brief issue with stove pipes - I removed the extractor and cleaned everything (had quite a bit of gunk on both the slide and the extractor that was VERY gritty) - lubed things up lightly and 'poof' no more stove pipes. So far. :)

Nothing lasts forever. If you have already replaced the Extractor Spring and it does not solve the issue then replace the extractor its self. Did you tune the depth of the extractor properly? When I was shooting Tanfo/EAA guns I had to replace the stock extractor spring every 10K to keep it extracting reliably. I also had to tune the depth of the extractor so it had the proper "Pinch" force on the rim of the case when the round was chambered. Once I switched to an extra power extractor spring and had the depth tuned properly it would extract reliably for 50+K before acting up again.