Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR10 6.5 creedmore

tannerlc

Got a new gun its a AR 10 in 6.5 creedmore its a specialized Dynamics billet lower and upper has . 3.5# 2 stage trigger, 20" bead blast stainless barrel Sub MOA Guarantee, with matching muzzle break but ill prob. change it to a silencerco. so be able to put my can on,15" midwest MLOK handguard,Ultralight skeleton minimalist stock which ill prob. end up changing. got it for almost nothing i won it in a raffle for $40 as it sits lol so cant complain there. looking for a good scope I was thinking about a Vortex viper. i have 2 other vortex scopes and like the glass for the money but was going to see what you guys think other good options are. wanting to keep it under $1000 for the scope see some attached pictures of of the gun maybe you can recommend some upgrades i can do to it.

post-63227-0-98284900-1462088526_thumb.j

post-63227-0-80633000-1462088592_thumb.j

Only thing on the rifle I would probably switch is to a stock with a little better check cheek well and adjustability, similar to your thoughts. Otherwise get out and shoot it! Save your $$$ for ammo.

If it were me I could probably get a scope in the 2-10 range. Lots of great optics in this range, and I personally wouldn't put an optic with a max power over 12-15x on a semi auto anyways.

Totally disagree with post #2. If you start shooting long range with a 6.5 Creed, you will want more than 10x. Last two PRS matches I shot mostly 14-16 power, but there were times I had it cranked to 24. Yes I'm shooting a bolt gun, but I have shot a 6.5 Creed gas gun in long range matches, and there were times I had it cranked up also. When you need to see, it doesn't matter what platform your scope is bolted to, you need to see.

Totally disagree with post #2. If you start shooting long range with a 6.5 Creed, you will want more than 10x. Last two PRS matches I shot mostly 14-16 power, but there were times I had it cranked to 24. Yes I'm shooting a bolt gun, but I have shot a 6.5 Creed gas gun in long range matches, and there were times I had it cranked up also. When you need to see, it doesn't matter what platform your scope is bolted to, you need to see.

+1!

im thinking more of like a vortex viper pst for the creedmore gasser. i also have a savae 110 FCP HS Precision i was going to make into a long range gun i got it for a deal of a lifetime but after reaearching ammo i have to either start reloading or sell it lol but if i do decide to keep it that will be my long range gun

Edited by tannerlc

I think it would be fair to evaluate the accuracy potential before putting a scope in the 24x range, and a huge objective, onto what seems to be slanted as a light-weight and handy semi auto build.

If it is truly going to be used at long range, and has the accuracy potential for 500+ yds, I completely agree with more power.

see if you can find one of the vortex first gen razors. 5-25. great scope and great warranty. the 2C reticle.

I also completely disagree with post 2. The fact that it is a semi has nothing to do with it. Intended use and range of the cartridge do.

Ive tried to find a gen 1 Razor and i cant seem to locste one and dont want to drop $2300 on a gen 2. so if you got anh leads to where 1 might be. My buddy told me miday but there still $1600 there.

I have shot a 6.5 Creedmoor AR10 at a mile with a Leupold Mark 6 3-18 and H59 reticle. I highly recommend that scope if somehow you can make the budget allow it. I had zero issues seeing that far, and that scope performs flawlessly in low light conditions as well.

• 3 weeks later...

+1 I like my 8.5-25x50 mk 4 md.