Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Central Florida scsa matches

I run the Port Malabar monthly SC match the 1st Sat of the month .... PMRPC May 2016 Steel Challenge match on Practiscore ...

Thanks Nimitz. I think we met last year at the PA match

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Volusia gun club has one as well

Volusia County Gun and Hunt Club has an excellent Steel Challenge match run by Greg Kerce. It is also home of the US Steel Nationals.

http://www.volusiacountygunclub.com/index.php

The US Steel Challenge match occurs the 2nd Saturday of every month at the Volusia County Gun & Hunt Club.

Match Director: Greg Kerce, phone 386-559-2203, email houseriver207@live.com
REGISTRATION 8:00am - 8:30am

SAFETY BRIEFING 8:45am

MATCH STARTS 9:00am

Nah 1000+ miles to shoot outlaw steel ??? There are so many SCSA matches down here...I have a match every weekend, 2 on some and some days ya have to choose between matches. They shoot midweeks mini matches at a lot of the clubs.

We are shooting an 8 stage match this sat. at SFPS.

This is part of the reason we moved to Florida.

Maybe back next year for the East Coast Championship. Ill see some of you next year at the US Nationals @ VCGC.

The steel league sounds like it has become a victim of its own success.....way to many shooters for one day.

Edited by hornetx40

Hornetx40: were you on one of my squads? ... We are 50-55 shooters across 7 stages and I only allow 8 on a squad typically. Shooting starts at 9am and I'm usually heading to lunch by 12:30 and I'm the last to leave ...

Edited by Nimitz

OK Corral in Okeechobee runs two SC matches and one Action Steel each month.

Normal schedule:

- SC (6 Stages): 3rd Sat and 4th Sun.

- Action Steel (5 Stages): 1st Sun.

For May, and due to the recent NFL Sectional, the scheduled was modified. Action Steel will be on the 3rd Sat with a SC on the 5th Sun.

I believe they will return to the normal schedule in June.

Nah 1000+ miles to shoot outlaw steel ??? There are so many SCSA matches down here...I have a match every weekend, 2 on some and some days ya have to choose between matches. They shoot midweeks mini matches at a lot of the clubs.

We are shooting an 8 stage match this sat. at SFPS.

This is part of the reason we moved to Florida.

Maybe back next year for the East Coast Championship. Ill see some of you next year at the US Nationals @ VCGC.

The steel league sounds like it has become a victim of its own success.....way to many shooters for one day.

The PA Steel League has had 160+ registrations every weekend. It is getting a bit ridiculous. More money for the prizes table I guess, but 6 hours to shoot 5 stages is getting old quick. Don't be surprised if you see the East Coast Championship Series open up to monthly matches next year ;)

Thanks to all for the info on all of the matches.

Scott I thought I heard it was going to change this year to a SCSA match every month. It will be a good thing for the shooters that are serious about competing. Down here there aren't any outlaw steel matches that I have heard of. The clubs shoot 1 or 2 steel matches each month. There is a lot of Idpa and USPSA matches also. They even hold 5 GSSF matches down here and get over 500 entries at each and I heard that 2 of the matches push well over 800.

Nimitz we didn't shoot together, we did talk though......we will come to your match in June. We are looking around over near you to move possibly.

Sounds good. Pre registration opens the Monday following each match (30 days out). Free free to join us on squad 1 ....