Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
DarksideCZ

Do you count your shots?

In Limited, you generally only have 1 reload per stage. Plan it in the biggest run or movement you have. Dont Count shots; know 'when I leave this porti'm reloading

Otherwise, Instead of counting to 16 and up on shots,  count misses/makeups. If you go "Oh snap that was my 3rd makeup on this mag, I need a new mag in the gun on the next movement" 

Counting to 3 is easier than 16

Do you count up, or count down?

On 6/7/2020 at 5:19 PM, tyr264 said:

Do you count up, or count down?

i count make up rounds available.. then count them down... and I count steel at two shots ea.

Yes, just to plan where and when I will reload.  10rds here in The Peoples Republic Of Hawaii

I count shots and plan reloads during the walk thru.

Once the timer goes off I don't count shots but I do try and stay aware of additional rounds.

On 4/30/2016 at 10:22 AM, rowdyb said:

Production here. I plan where my reloads are and know if I'm 1-1 on thing how many should be left in the gun at each point. Almost always it's 8-10 shots. Sometimes 6. So I do not consciously count them but try to have an awareness of how many I have to "play with" at each array.

And I can only arrive at a new array with 0 rounds, empty gun. 1 round, no mag but one chambered. 10 rounds, sllide lock reload or hopefully 11 with a successful speed reload. That's what I really care most about, am I arriving at the new place with the right amount.

Should things go off plan I don't hesitate to do an unplanned mag change to get me back on plan for the very next array.

This is very very sound advice.  

Regardless of division; I know how many rounds needed for each array, I calculate the remaining rounds in my mag, I know if I have a miss(or more) what impact that has on my stage strategy; not a problem/need a reload on the move/need a static reload/no change.

I only carry one mag more than I think I need, I do not carry 100 rounds for a 20 round stage except for SS then I max out.

I've tried counting rounds, but planning reloads works better. I work harder on being in tune and aware when the slide locks back it saves me just a tad of time reloading.