Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Google Map

Scooter

http://maps.google.com/

Okay, I'm easily amused. I actually don't like Google since I've been a Yahoo user since it was a Stanford grad student project back when it was on the leland.stanford.edu server.

Besides a normal interactive map, they added satellite photos of most places. I've been looking at most of the military bases.

Beale AFB has 1 U-2 on the ground and a U-2 flying over the runway when the photo was taken.

Lots of cool planes at Edwards AFB including a huge compass on the salt flats next to the runway.

Haven't found Area 51 yet.

They've blanked out the White House and Capitol for security reasons, but not the Pentagon.

There's one big differences between the two. Google has an up to date map. It is also more interactive. Some of the satellite pictures are the same, TerraServer can zoom in closer, but some pictures are in black & white.

Beale AFB has 3 U-2 but all on the ground.

No map has my host parents address. Agusta lane, Pueblo Co. It's been there for 4 years now but not on any maps..

live just up interstate..where in pueblo is that??

Cool I wish I did too. it's off Desert Flower Bld next to USC. thier house overlooks the 18th fairway of the Candlestick golf course and has unrestricted view of Pikes.

I also got "family" in Springs. close to the Olympic center.. off Uintah St if I remember right.