Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for new 147's

gixxerjunky

I have shot several thousand of the plated extreme and berry's 147's and looking for a new bullet. I have been reading that coated lead is the way to go unless you shoot jacketed.

I have been looking at the ACME bullets but honestly have never shot any cast buckets just plated.

Looking for cheapest quality bullet I can get for USPSA. They will also be loaded for range ammo and need to be suppressor friendly.

Another question I have always shot RN but see other bullet shapes. Also should I get .356 diameter?

Will be shot out of a shadow custom, MP9, MP shield, P09, P01, and a scorpion Evo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try the Acme 147 flat point NLG. I haven't shot it yet. Dimensionally, it's the best coated 147 I've found for my Shadow.

If you buy in bulk during the Black Friday, Blue Bullets are excellent and cheap. I've shot about 20k.

Edited by Smitty79

I've gone through around 5K of the ACME 147's in my M&P 9mm. They're been good for me. They seem to do better at 135 PF than trying to keep them in the "bunny fart" range. Because of the shape, needed to come down a bit on the OAL. 1.12 does the job. I'm using ETR-7 but no reason not to use other powders. There was an enos5 discount code. Might give it a try and see if it's still working.

I ordered 500 to try today also.

I've tried another coated 147 and I had to load it way too short for my CZ's. Like 1.070" and I was still only .010" off the lands. Hopefully I can load these Acme's a little longer than that.

I have been running 147gr Rainier TRN in my G19, G34 and Stock 2. Very happy with them so far.
I like that Cabelas always has them in stock in 500 count boxes. And has them on sale often.
PLUS if you get the $10 or $20 off for purchases of $100 or $150 coupons in the mail each month = STOCK UP TIME.

For a 9mm I have been using the RMR 147 hp under 3.9 of WSF. Fed 100 primers loaded to 1.150. They are a plated but a little harder than Xtreme. Just don't over crimp. They work well in a KKM 4.49" Barrel in a Glock 17. Hope this helps.

I've gone through around 5K of the ACME 147's in my M&P 9mm. They're been good for me. They seem to do better at 135 PF than trying to keep them in the "bunny fart" range. Because of the shape, needed to come down a bit on the OAL. 1.12 does the job. I'm using ETR-7 but no reason not to use other powders. There was an enos5 discount code. Might give it a try and see if it's still working.

Im in the same boat. Ive run about 4k of the Acme 147's. Loaded with 3.1gr of TG, it has been a good load.

The code is "benos10" for the discount.

Eggleston Munitions offers a 147 gr coated RN in several colors and in .356, .357 and .358 I am getting minor PF with them using 2.9 gr of titegroup loaded to 1.15 oal. If you order before the end of April use code EM-Wikel to get 15% off. *Disclaimer I am part of their shooting team.

I've loaded Blue Bullets (Round Nose) and SNS Casting (Flat Point) bullets in 147 gr. Both shot well, but Blue Bullets will leave blue residue when handled. Flat point bullets work better through my bullet feeder setup, so that's what I prefer. They leave nicer holes on paper, too. Price is less than $.08 per bullet when purchased in bulk. No problems with the .356" diameter. These have been shot through several 9mm Glocks with factory and match barrels.

A good suppressor load is 3.6 gr N320. 1.135 OAL for factory Glock barrels. 1.125 OAL for some tighter match barrels I have.

I've also had great success with Bayou Bullets (Flat Point) 124 gr bullets. About $.07 per bullet for these.

The SNS Casting bullets had the smoothest, uniform finish. Bayou Bullets were comparable. The Blue Bullets I've used had a bumpier texture, but this didn't affect function or accuracy in my testing.

My problem is when I order I like to order a case or so before I try them. I don't like paying for shipping multiple times. I'm just afraid that I'll buy and they won't work. Mainly worried about my CZ's since they have such a short chamber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leatherhead bullets out of idaho make a great coated lead bullets in a range of weights. I shot the 147 out of my 9mm as week, and my scorpion, and sp01 great product great customer service. When you call to order you talk to one of the 2 owners.

I've tried another coated 147 and I had to load it way too short for my CZ's. Like 1.070" and I was still only .010" off the lands. Hopefully I can load these Acme's a little longer than that.

Just a thought but have you thought about having your chamber reamed back for longer bullets

Just a thought but have you thought about having your chamber reamed back for longer bullets

I've thought about it. The ogive on Xtreme 147's is so far back and they shoot really good so I don't want to mess with it. I've been using these for the past 30k or so bullets and they work pretty good.

I'm thinking about switching as coated are about $150 cheaper per 10k. If they are more accurate like many on here go on about, ill switch to them and might ream my barrels if they need it.

I will tell you I am a believer in Coated bullets. A friend of mine turned me onto to them and now I shoot them almost exclusively. You might try the 135 Bayou's they work great for me a bit cheaper than the 147's but still soft shooting. Just my experience.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo