Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What followers for older SV mags

z40acp

I have some older .40 cal.SV mags and run Gram's followers in some and Bolen's followers in the rest. The Bolen's do seem to hold more. I noticed the Taran Tactical followers don't look as thin and they now fit both SV and STI mags. What is the hot set up for .40 SV mags now? Will the new SV style aluminum follower work in the older mags?

I have used the SV ultra capacity (aluminum) followers in my older 9mm mags without a problem. I'm not sure if SV is still offering them for sale. I could not find them on the website last time I looked for them. I have also used the TTI followers without incident. I would buy either of them without hesitation.

SV can answer the question for their product. I have a couple STI mags with Bolen guts, and they will take one more round, the springs feel like they need to be replaced every other match. Grams springs have been running for several years with no issues. I'd go with Grams.

Taran puts out some quality products, I would give his stuff a try with no hesitation.

Both the Bolen and Grams springs have been great and never a problem. The Bolen's followers that I have came with what I believe to be ISMI springs and they twist as they go up. I think that is so they stack up shorter. Are the new Taran springs designed that way and are they ISMI? Do the Taran Tactical springs and followers give that extra room the old Bolen ones did?