Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Am I missing any parts for my XDM upgrade? Also recommendation needed

cajunautoxer

So I've decided to order parts for my 5.25 XDM. Pistol is used for 3 gun. This is going on my backup gun so it has less than 1k rnds through it.

Trigger = PRP Extreme

Magwell = Largest SP makes

Base Pads = SP with Gram follower

Front Site = Dawson .100 FO

Extended Mag Release = ?PRP?

Guide Rod = ?SP Tungsten?

Is the PRP extended mag release the largest available? And is SP tungsten guide rod the heaviest available also?
Is there any other parts I should swap?

• 3 weeks later...

Sand paper grip tape in the heaviest grit they have. It is the best and cheapest thing you can do and it makes a big difference. I have a Dawson Ice magwell and it seems to work very well. I did have to buy new basepads as the plastic were too thick and would not lock in place. I bought metal replacements from Shooters Connection. They work very well.

I like the Dawson Ice Magwell. It seems to have a better fit IMHO

I put the .100 Fs on mine and the rear leaves to wide a gap for my liking. I am looking for a replacement rear to go along with a .100 front. Good luck

• 1 month later...

Springer makes a mag well and sells a compatible backstrap, not as big as the Dawson ice but a nice package none the less. Springer stuff is top notch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honestly Grip tape was the number one helpful upgrade next to trigger I did on my xdm.45 for He-Man 3gun nationals that made a difference.

A big +1. The stock grip just doesnt work with my sweaty hands, but the sandpaper grip tape locks it in place very nicely. I recommend the PRP grip tape, mine has lasted very well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I really appreciated the change in feel when I stippled my grip.   I bought a $40 soldering iron at 

home Depot.   Practiced on a Pmag.  Then did my first XDm. On this one I reduced the grip and smoothed out all the existing ridges.   Sold that one and just purchased a new one.  Just stippled the grip areas withou any prep work.  Really feels like a better grip without the sharp biting edges.    

IMG_0139.JPG

On 5/19/2016 at 1:37 PM, DocMedic said:

Honestly Grip tape was the number one helpful upgrade next to trigger I did on my xdm.45 for He-Man 3gun nationals that made a difference.

+1  trigger and grip tape

• 2 years later...