Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY

CRAZY ARKY

I HAVE ONLY BEEN LURKING AROUND THE FORUM FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS, BUT THERE IS TONS OF VETERAN KNOWLEDGE HERE.  I LIKE TO SHOOT BOWLING PINS AND I HAVE READ IN HERE MORE THAN ONCE THAT INSTEAD OF FOCUSING ON THE TARGET, FOCUS ON THE FRONT SIGHT. I HAVE TRIED IT AROUND THE HOUSE AT VARIOUS THINGS. IT REALLY HELPED ME GET ON TARGET FASTER I THINK. THAT IS A MAJOR PROB. OF MINE. WHEN I COME UP FROM DRAW I TEND TO TWIST THE FRONT OF THE GUN TO THE LEFT. I CAN SEE THE FRONT SIGHT ALRIGHT BUT IT IS TO THE LEFT OF THE BARREL POINTING AT THE TARGET STATION NEXT TO ME.(ALITTLE EXAGGERATION THERE)  I HAVE A MATCH SUNDAY. I CANT WAIT TO SEE IF IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE IN MY SCORES.

THANKS FOR THE BRAINFOOD GUYS AND GALS

Good one BH!   :)   (I have to focus on the keys too, it keeps me from looking at the tips of my two typing fingers.)

Cuzzin' CRAZY,   that gun twisting thing........ you may want to start getting your support hand on the gun earlier.  I used to notice the same thing in my draw.    As soon as you pop yer blaster outta the holster,  make the shooting grip right where your hands meet, close in, by your strong side chest.  By the time your get the gun extended, the sights will line up better and bounce less.

Try the "flying thumbs" I helped me by taking mostly my strong hand  thumb off the gun,

with a tight "snug" grip and thumb on the gun, it went down and to the left, just by lifting the thumb (with the same grip) and watching your sights you might see the sights quit twisting and end up where they need to be.

One advantage to pin shoots is you usualy get to start with your gun in a full firing grip.  Line the sights up on the first pin, then drop the gun down to the start position.  Reverse at start.

I noticed that if I was really looking hard at the front sight when in low-ready position, ithere was a wierd optical illusion and t would appear as if the front sight was tilted over and almost falling off.